Additional information courtesy of David Whiteside
Official Number: 111361
Yard Number: 79
Gross Tonnage: 145
Net Tonnage: 44
Length: 110 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Built: Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Troon
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Troon
1899: Completed by Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Troon (Yd.No.79) for Samuel T. Chadwick, Haulfre nr Beaumaris, Anglesey as steam yacht ZISKA.
31.5.1899: Registered at Troon.
1900: Sold to Lancashire & Western Sea Fisheries Committee, Preston for £8,250. John P. Muspratt, Preston, County Offices appointed manager.
1901: Troon registry closed.
1901: Fitted out as a Fishery Cruiser and remeasured 145g 59n.
1901: Registered at Preston after fit out as a Fishery Cruiser.
1901 – 1907: Visited Preston on 13 occasions, either from Southport or sea. Frequently coaled and laid over at Fleetwood.
4.1902: Towed the Blackpool long line boat and fishermen north to fish off the Cumberland coast based at Seascale.
1907: Sold to Montague Grahame-White, The Royal Automobile Club, Piccadilly, London & others. Montague Grahame-White designated managing owner.
1909: Refitted as a steam yacht and remeasured 145g 44n.
1910: Registered at Preston as MAJESTA after refitting as a steam yacht.
14.08.1912: At Cowes week and anchored in Cowes Roads, Jack Douglas of Southwick drowned after falling from boat returning to the yacht.
14.08.1913: Sold to the Earl of Morton, Conaglen, Ardgour, Argyllshire. The Earl of Morton designated managing owner.
1913: Remeasured 145g 59n.
1927: Sold to James Napier, “The Drums”, Old Kilpatrick, Dumbartonshire. James Napier designated managing owner.
1939: Sold to Arthur Gore, 7th Earl of Arran.
3.1940: Requisitioned for war service employed on harbour defence patrol. Based Sheerness.
29.5.1941: Compulsorily purchased by MoWT.
8.1941: Employed on balloon barrage.
8.1941: Deployed as an auxiliary patrol vessel. Based at Aultbea, Loch Ewe.
7.1942: Laid up.
4.1943: Used as an accommodation ship at Aultbea.
1.1946: Laid up and offered for sale.
1946: Sold (not traced further at the moment).
03/07/2015: Page published.