Additional material courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 135073
Yard Number: 447
Gross Tonnage: 79
Net Tonnage: 40
Length: 82.0 ft
Breadth: 18.2 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Engine: C.2-cyl and boiler by Elliot & Garrood Ltd, Beccles
Built: John Chambers & Co Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft
1914: Launched by John Chambers & Co Ltd, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (Yd.No.447) for James Pitchers Jnr (32/64), Gt. Yarmouth & Ernest Bultitude Powley (32/64), Caister-on-Sea as DORIS MAUD.
15.4.1914: Registered at Yarmouth (YH702).
21.9.1914: Sold to James Pitchers Jnr (64/64), Gt. Yarmouth (managing owner).
9.8.1915: Sold to Alexander Keay (64/64), Fleetwood (managing owner).
10.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an A/S net drifter (1-57mm) (Ad.No.2715). Based Greece.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood (Alexander Keay & Co).
1920: Sold to Greek principals.
17.12.1920: Yarmouth registry closed. “Sold to foreigners (Greece)”.
© Barry Banham for FMHT
Official Number: 136596
Yard Number: 407
Gross Tonnage: 99
Net Tonnage: 42
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 9.95 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Elliott & Garrood Ltd, Beccles
Built: John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen
1914: Launched by John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.407) for Arthur Gouldby , Kessingland (16/64); Frank Burton, Lowestoft (16/64); William Garrood, Oulton Broad (16/64); Walter Albert Wood Greaves, Lowestoft (16/64) as HOLLYDALE.
12.10.1914: Registered at Lowestoft (LT437).
14.10.1914: Completed trials and accepted (Arthur Gouldby, manager).
9.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an A/S net drifter (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1873).
18.11.1918: Sold to James Johnson, Scarborough.
12.12.1918: Lowestoft registry closed.
12.12.1918: Registered at Scarborough (SH354).
1920: Returned to owner.
9.1920: Scarborough registry closed.
24.9.1920: Registered at Lowestoft (LT1204)
19.2.1925: Sold to John Stephen, Cairnbulg, Aberdeenshire.
28.2.1925: Lowestoft registry closed.
29.2.1925: Registered at Fraserburgh (FR86).
1.1931: Sold to Edmund Thomas Capps, Lowestoft for £2,000. Fraserburgh registry closed.
5.1.1931: Registered at Lowestoft (LT228).
31.12.1931: Registered at Lowestoft as PÊCHEUR (LT228).
1936/37: Seasonal white fish trawling from Fleetwood (Alex Keay, managing agent).
9.3.1937: Sold to E. T. Capps & Sons Ltd, Lowestoft (Edmund Thomas Capps, manager).
17.3.1937: Landed at Fleetwood 69 boxes grossed £100.
30.10.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a boom drifter (P.No.Z164)(Hire rate £27.0.0d/month).
29.6.1945: Returned to Lowestoft.
17.7.1945: Returned to owner.
17.10.1945: At Lowestoft landed 70 crans of herring.
22.6.1948: In collision with steam drifter MARSHAL PAK (LT200).
12.10.1954: At Lowestoft landed 226 crans.
1956: Sold to Jacques Bakker en Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
15.5.1956: Arrived Bruges.
23.5.1956: Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
Copyright 2010 Barry Banham for FMHT
Additional information courtesy of Wayne Osborne
Official Number: 132358
Yard Number: 400
Gross Tonnage: 90
Net Tonnage: 40
Length: 84.4 ft
Breadth: 19.4 ft
Depth: 9.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Elliot & Garrood Ltd, Beccles
Built: John Chambers & Co Ltd, Oulton Broad
Note: Wooden built vessel
3.1912: Completed by John Chambers & Co Ltd, Oulton Broad (Yd.No.400) for James Pitchers Jnr, Gt. Yarmouth as MARY EVELYN.
15.3.1912: Registered at Yarmouth (YH704).
14.51915: Sold to Alex Keay, Fleetwood (managing owner).
25.2.1920: Sold to William Bruce, St. Combs.
19.3.1920: Sold to William James Ballard, Ramsgate (managing owner).
7.6.1920: Yarmouth registry closed.
6.1920: Registered at Ramsgate (R333).
1932: Sold to Peter Kinlan, Margate (Chapman & Lanfear, Ramsgate, managers).
6.7.1932: Sailed Ramsgate for Milford via Bristol Channel grounds (Sk. Daniel Mynheer).
9.7.1932: Trawling in Bristol Channel between Lundy and Caldy Islands in thick fog. At about 5.30 pm. run down by Glasgow steamer SKERRIES (1258grt/1921), Bristol for Waterford, 10 miles W of Helwick Lightship; struck forward, pushed over and foundered quickly. Five crew *, including the Skipper, picked up by SKERRIES but despite search by boats from SKERRIES and Liverpool steamer MAKALLA (5781grt/1918), four men missing **. At about 8.00 pm. search abandoned.
10.7.1932: Survivors landed at Waterford.
1932: Ramsgate registry closed.
Note: Mary Evelyn had been fishing her way round from Ramsgate to Milford where she would have been engaged, with other Ramsgate boats, seasonal trawling from the port.
(Survivors * (all Ramsgate unless otherwise stated) – Sk. Daniel Mynheer; Thomas Knight, Mate; C. Rice, Lowestoft, Ch Eng; Bert Osborne, Bosun; Samuel Pullman, Trimmer.
Missing ** (all Ramsgate) – William Ivor Marshall (22) single, 2nd Eng; Robert William James Osborne (28) single, Frederick S. Holness (48) married , deckhands; Richard Frank Kennett (51) married, cook.)
Click to enlarge images
Official Number: 99657
Yard Number: 280
Gross Tonnage: 97
Net Tonnage: 39
Length: 86.8 ft
Breadth: 19.1 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Engine: C.2-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co, Aberdeen
1894: Launched as a great liner by Hall, Russell & Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.280) for William Pyper, Aberdeen as NORTH AMERICAN.
5.1894: Completed (William Pyper, managing owner).
22.5.1894: Registered at Aberdeen (A747).
21.1.1897: In collision with steam liner NIGHTINGALE (GW22) sustained slight damage.
1903: Sold to The North Line Steam Fishing Co, Aberdeen (William Pyper, manager).
1903: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at Peterhead (PD485).
1903: Sold to James G. A. Stephen & W. Mackenzie, Peterhead (James G. A. Stephen, managing owner). Converted for drift fishing.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 39.0 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
1919: Sold to Peterhead Trawling Co Ltd, Aberdeen (James G. Adam, manager). Converted for trawling.
1927: Sold to Andrew Wilson Jnr, Buckie. Peterhead registry closed. Registered at Buckie as HAZELDALE (BCK104).
1930s: Fishing from Fleetwood (Alex Keay, managing agent).
1937: Sold to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Preston.
1938: Buckie registry closed.
Copyright 2010 © by Barry Banham for FMHT.
Official Number: 123389
Yard Number: 435
Gross Tonnage: 222
Net Tonnage: 46
Length: 115.7 ft
Breadth: 22.6 ft
Depth: 12.0 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
9.1907: Completed by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.435) for Wetherly’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen as GRACE WETHERLY.
6.9.1907: Registered at Aberdeen (A160).
9.1913: Sold to Bakker & Dijksen, IJmuiden.
1913: Remeasured 231g 54n.
29.9.1913: Aberdeen registry closed. Registered at IJmuiden as JOHANNA HENRIËTTE (IJM201).
17.5.1919: Sold to J. N. Klein, N. Parlevliet & J. M. Barneveld, IJmuiden. Renamed JOHANNA N. KLEIN (IJM201).
1924: Sold to N.V. Vissch. Maats. “Noorderlicht”, IJmuiden (W. H. de Voogd, manager).
1926: Company taken over by Bank (Scheepsverbandbank, Amsterdam). Laid up.
1927: Sold to N.V. Vissch. Maats. “Heemstede III”, IJmuiden (P. J. Bakker, manager). Renamed P. Az. TIMMERS (IJM201).
1932: Laid up.
1935: Remeasured 211g 92n.
4.1935: Sold to Mrs Annie I. Fraser, Aberdeen (J. MacDonald Fraser, manager).
1.5.1935: Registered at Aberdeen as AVENUE (A283).
1937: Fishing from Fleetwood (Alex Keay managing agent).
5.10.1937: First landing, 175 boxes grossed £275.
6.1.1938: Last landing at Fleetwood, 129 boxes grossed £335. Laid up.
1938: Sold to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Preston.
23.11.1938: Aberdeen registry closed “Broken up”.