Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 132105
Yard Number: 214
Gross Tonnage: 215
Net Tonnage: 104
Length: 118.9 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl (425ihp) and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
1.5.1911: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.214) for John Wilfred Grant, William Grant, Dawson Robinson & Harry Robinson (All 16/64 shares), Grimsby as CROXBY.
19.6.1911: Registered at Grimsby (GY642).
19.6.1911: Completed (William Grant, managing owner).
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.1632). Based Dover.
6.11.1915: Harry Robinson mortgaged 16 shares to London Joint Stock Bank Ltd, London (A)
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner.
1.6.1922: John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
13.7.1923: Dawson Robinson died, 16/64 shares to Harry Richardson.
3.12.1926: William Grant died, 16/64 shares to Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes and William Grant, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone, joint owners. 28.5.1927: Arthur Grant & John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes and William Grant, Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone 16/64 shares sold to John Wilfred Grant & Arthur Grant, Cleethorpes and Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone.
28.2.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes 21/64 shares and Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone 5/64 shares sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
7.3.1930: Arthur Grant, Cleethorpes 6/64 shares sold to Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
13.3.1930: John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes appointed manager.
9.2.1934: The Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, 32/64 shares sold to Harry Robinson, Grimsby.
9.2.1934: Mortgage (A) discharged.
25.6.1935: Off Aberdeen in collision with trawler EBOR BELLE (GY101) which foundered. Crew picked up.
13.5.1940: Sold to Supreme Fishcuring Co Ltd, Fleetwood (64/64).
3.6.1940: Basil A Parkes, Thornton appointed manager.
5.7.1943: Sold to John Carl Ross (64/64), Grimsby.
20.7.1943: Harvey Wilfred Wilson appointed manager.
23.7.1946: Sold to Grimsby Merchants Amalgamated Trawling Ltd (64/64) Grimsby.
29.9.1948: Vessel (64/64) mortgaged to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (B).
8.5.1952: Mortgage (B) discharged.
13.5.1952: Sold to Alfred Bannister (Trawlers) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby (Fred Bannister, manager).
27.3.1960: Sold to H. P. Heuvelmen NV, Krimpen aan den IJssel for breaking up.
4.5.1960: Grimsby registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
In Parkes (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not fish from the port.
Yard Number: 740
Gross Tonnage: 429
Net Tonnage: 157
Length: 150 ft
Breadth: 25 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
6.3.1920: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.740) for Louis Dero, Le Havre as URANUS.
7.9.1920: Completed. Registered at Le Havre (H1293).
6.1921: Sold to Sociètè Havraise de Pèche, Le Havre.
1925: Transferred to Fécamp.
1929: Sold to Basil Parkes, Fleetwood.
1.1930: Sold to Victor Fournay, Boulogne. Le Havre registry closed. Registered at Boulogne as MARC ACHILLE (B1400).
04.02.1939: Off the south west Norway coast, at about 1.00am stranded 2 miles SW of Utsire, pumps unable to cope with ingress of water. Norwegian fishing vessel NIBDDJUPEVAG responded to distress and all crew taken off. At about 5.30am vessel rolled over and foundered. Boulogne registry closed.
Admiralty Number: 4472
Official Number: 139348
Yard Number: 170
Gross Tonnage: 203
Net Tonnage: 88
Length: 115.4 ft
Breadth: 22.2 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Boiler: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Built: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
1.1919: Launched by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith (Yd.No.170) (“Strath” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM CHALMERS (Ad.No.4472).
1919: Sold to Leonard C. Cockrell, Wivenhoe.
2.5.1919: Renamed CRADOCK.
8.9.1919: Registered at Hull (H78).
17.9.1919: Hull registry closed.
22.9.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT591).
27.11.1919: Sold to Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Leonard C. Cockrell, manager).
1.1921: Fishing from Milford Haven.
3.12.1923: Sold to Arthur S. Bowlby, Harlow (Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd) (Edward D. W. Lawford, Milford Haven, manager).
24.12.1928: Sold to Robert Taylor & Sons Ltd, Dundee (William N. Taylor, manager).
5.1933: At Fleetwood with Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd involvement.
9.12.1933: Sold to Shields Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Thomas S. Read, manager).
12.12.1933: Last landing at Milford.
23.12.1933: Lowestoft registry closed.
15.1.1934: Registered at North Shields (SN8).
24.2.1935: At about 10.30am. when outward from North Shields for fishing grounds, in collision off the Satellite buoys, with inbound Aberdeen registered steam coaster KILDRUMMY (629grt/1924) which sustained extensive damage to shell plating starboard side forward. Returned to North Shields with damage forward and stem twisted; KILDRUMMY proceeded up the Tyne.
8.11.1941: Attacked and bombed by German aircraft, 14 miles NNE of St. Abbs Head and subsequently foundered; crew of nine away in lifeboat.
19.11.1941: North Shields registry closed “Sunk by enemy action”.
Official Number: 127404
Yard Number: 360
Gross Tonnage: 240
Net Tonnage: 71
Length: 120.2 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: Wallsend Slipway & Engineering Co Ltd, Wallsend
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
8.10.1907: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.360) for David Pettit, Milford Haven (managing owner) as CLEOPATRA.
18.11.1907: Registered at Milford (M213).
24.1.1910: Laying to in heavy gale and shipping seas, 275 miles W by 1/4S from St. Ann’s Head, lost boat and other damage (Sk. J. Bryant).
31.10.1910: Fishing 240 miles W by S from St. Ann’s Head, caught gear of ABELARD (M17). Port bow damaged by ABELARD when hauling (Sk. George Gibbs).
12.3.1914: In heavy seas proceeding to Crook Haven, Co. Cork for shelter (Sk. Walter Smith). Ch. Eng., John Bowen (37) slipped when getting up ashes and was lost overboard and drowned.
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.140).
12.1914: Renamed CLEOPATRA II.
21.1.1915: Registered at Milford as CLEOPATRA II (M213). Based Portsmouth.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven (David Pettit managing owner).
25.9.1932: Entering Baltimore, Co. Cork stranded on NW corner of Perch Rock.
26.9.1932: Refloated with assistance.
20.10.1934: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
21.11.1934: Sold to Harley & Miller Ltd, Liverpool (Richard H. Jones, Wallasey, manager).
21.11.1934: Milford registry closed.
11.1934: Registered at Liverpool (LL47).
7.1937: Sold to Edgar E. Carter, Milford Haven (Westward Trawling Co Ltd).
11.1937: Liverpool registry closed.
12.7.1937: Registered at Milford (M235).
29.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service and appointed for minesweeping duties (employed as auxiliary patrol). Renamed TEAZER (Hire rate £60.0.0d/month).
2.1940: Returned and reverted to CLEOPATRA II (M235).
1.1960: Sold to Haulbowline Industries Ltd, Passage West, Cork for breaking up.
12.1.1960: Sailed Milford for Cork (Sk. Tom Salter).
21.3.1960: Milford registry closed.
Official Number: 137620
Yard Number: 584
Gross Tonnage: 200
Net Tonnage: 76
Length: 115.5 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 11.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
9.1.1920: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.584) for Charles H. George, Caister on Sea, Gt Yarmouth as DONUM MARIS.
6.8.1920: Registered at Gt. Yarmouth (YH227).
12.8.1920: Sold to Don Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John S. Doeg, manager).
14.9.1920: Yarmouth registry closed.
23.9.1920: Registered at Aberdeen as BRACONLEA (A227).
17.3.1940: In North Sea in company with AVONDEE (A826), bombed by German aircraft; no damage sustained and fire returned.
1942: Company and fleet sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
7.1945: Sold to Haven Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (R. P. Lewis, manager).
1946: Sold to John W. Johnstone, Aberdeen.
5.10.1952: In strong gale decided to make for Mid Yell Voe, Shetland to shelter (Sk. William Summers). At entrance to Voe struck rocks at the Baas of Hascosay and immediately started to take water. Boat launched and requested assistance by radio and siren. Already at anchor in the Voe sheltering was the Aberdeen steam trawler GEORGE H. HASTIE (SN274); weighed anchor and with local boat in tow proceeded to the casualty. Crew transferred by local boats to GEORGE H. HASTIE and landed at Mid Yell.
6.19.1952: With exception of Skipper and Ch. Engineer, crew embarked in STRATHLEVEN (A47) for Aberdeen. Subsequently declared a CTL. Aberdeen registry closed.
Click to enlarge images