Official Number: 146492
Yard Number: 91
Gross Tonnage: 96
Net Tonnage: 35
Length: 86.2 ft
Breadth: 18.5 ft
Depth: 9.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by North British Engine Works Ltd, Whiteinch, Glasgow
Boiler: Edwind Danks & Co (Oldbury) Ltd, Oldbury
Built: Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad
1918: Launched by Colby Brothers Ltd, Oulton Broad (Yd.No.91) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as BLIZZARD.
30.7.1918: Completed (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.3971).
1921: Sold to Kingston Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull (Walter Scott, manager).
11.7.1922: Registered at Hull as SATINSTONE (H585).
1.1925: Sold to Alexander C. Bruce & Peter Bruce, St. Combs, W. B. Ritchie & Peter Buchan, Fraserburgh, Charles L. Minty, Fraserburgh and R. Irvin & Sons Ltd, North Shields (Alexander C. Bruce managing owner).
29.1.1925: Hull registry closed.
30.1.1925: Registered at Fraserburgh as HARVEST GLEANER (FR73).
1938: Seasonal fishing from Fleetwood (Alex Keay agent).
5.1938: Shares sold to Charles L. Minty, Gardenstown & others and R. Irvin & Sons Ltd, North Shields.
17.5.1938: Registered at Banff (BF484).
25.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeping drifter (Hire rate £26.0.0d/month).
28.10.1940: Off Suffolk coast attacked by German aircraft and subsequently foundered. Four crew lost*.
20.4.1943: Banff registry closed “Lost on Naval Service”.
(*Lost – Seymour Stephenson, Stoker PO; Maurice G. Langridge and Arthur Swaby, OS – killed. Charles A. L. Edwards, Stoker, died of wounds)
Admiralty Number: 4472
Official Number: 139348
Yard Number: 170
Gross Tonnage: 203
Net Tonnage: 88
Length: 115.4 ft
Breadth: 22.2 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Boiler: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Built: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
1.1919: Launched by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith (Yd.No.170) (“Strath” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM CHALMERS (Ad.No.4472).
1919: Sold to Leonard C. Cockrell, Wivenhoe.
2.5.1919: Renamed CRADOCK.
8.9.1919: Registered at Hull (H78).
17.9.1919: Hull registry closed.
22.9.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT591).
27.11.1919: Sold to Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Leonard C. Cockrell, manager).
1.1921: Fishing from Milford Haven.
3.12.1923: Sold to Arthur S. Bowlby, Harlow (Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd) (Edward D. W. Lawford, Milford Haven, manager).
24.12.1928: Sold to Robert Taylor & Sons Ltd, Dundee (William N. Taylor, manager).
5.1933: At Fleetwood with Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd involvement.
9.12.1933: Sold to Shields Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Thomas S. Read, manager).
12.12.1933: Last landing at Milford.
23.12.1933: Lowestoft registry closed.
15.1.1934: Registered at North Shields (SN8).
24.2.1935: At about 10.30am. when outward from North Shields for fishing grounds, in collision off the Satellite buoys, with inbound Aberdeen registered steam coaster KILDRUMMY (629grt/1924) which sustained extensive damage to shell plating starboard side forward. Returned to North Shields with damage forward and stem twisted; KILDRUMMY proceeded up the Tyne.
8.11.1941: Attacked and bombed by German aircraft, 14 miles NNE of St. Abbs Head and subsequently foundered; crew of nine away in lifeboat.
19.11.1941: North Shields registry closed “Sunk by enemy action”.
Official Number: 106673
Yard Number: 532
Gross Tonnage: 144
Net Tonnage: 46
Length: 104.0 ft
Breadth: 20.7 ft
Depth: 10.5 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by N. E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Edwards Bros Ltd, North Shields
24.9.1896: Launched by Edwards Bros Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.532) for Hagerup, Doughty & Co Ltd, Grimsby as BARNSLEY.
27.10.1896: Registered at Grimsby (GY125).
4.1906: Transferred to The Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co (Grimsby) Ltd, Grimsby (John D. Marsden, manager) on the formation of the company.
10.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Ad.No.717).
5.1915: Returned to owner.
12.1916: Sold to The Mersey Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Ernest Taylor, manager).
13.2.1917: Fishing 13 miles N of Inishtrahull. Stopped by U-boat (U78), Skipper and Chief Engineer taken prisoner. Sunk by explosive charges.
17.2.1917: Survivors returned to Fleetwood.
9.3.1917: Grimsby registry closed.
Official Number: 108460
Yard Number: 177
Gross Tonnage: 158
Net Tonnage: 66
Length: 100.0 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 11.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by C. D. Holmes & Co, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Cooper, Beverley
6.3.1897: Launched by Cochrane & Cooper, Beverley (Yd.No.177) for Thomas Baskcomb, Grimsby as ALBATROSS.
6.4.1897: Registered at Grimsby (GY279).
5.2.1899: While sheltering in Fuzleford Harbour, Faroe Islands, arrested by Danish gunboat for being in harbour with trawls not stowed. Fined £10. On leaving harbour had machinery defect and returned to harbour. Fined a further £34 with nets and gear confiscated.
2.1908: Sold to Thomas W. Baskcomb, Grimsby.
9.1910: Sold to Alick (Alec) Black & R. Hill, Grimsby (Alick (Alec) Black, managing owner).
1913: Fishing from Fleetwood.
6. 1914: Sold to The Savoy Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Henry Croft Baker, manager).
24.9.1916: Stopped by U-boat (U57) approx 20 miles E of Flamborough Head and sunk by gunfire.
20.10.1916: Grimsby registry closed.
Official Number: 139213
Yard Number: 636
Gross Tonnage: 275
Net Tonnage: 108
Length: 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
19.4.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.636) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as DHOON.
24.5.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD244).
5.1916: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
9.1916: Requisitioned for war service from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.2959).
24.11.1916: Mined near Newarp Light Vessel.
19.12.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
(Lost – Ty/Sk. Allan McB. Ramsay; Edward Casey, 2nd Hand; George Sharkey & William Stonebanks, Enginemen; Hugh McAngus, seaman; James F. B. Main, Malcolm McLeod, Isaac S. Stone & George M. Tait, deckhands; Donald Finlayson & Arthur G. Gardner, trimmers; John G. Lawrie, signalman)