S.T. Barnsley GY125
Official Number: 106673
Yard Number: 532
Gross Tonnage: 144
Net Tonnage: 46
Length: 104.0 ft
Breadth: 20.7 ft
Depth: 10.5 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by N. E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Edwards Bros Ltd, North Shields
24.9.1896: Launched by Edwards Bros Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.532) for Hagerup, Doughty & Co Ltd, Grimsby as BARNSLEY.
27.10.1896: Registered at Grimsby (GY125).
4.1906: Transferred to The Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co (Grimsby) Ltd, Grimsby (John D. Marsden, manager) on the formation of the company.
10.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Ad.No.717).
5.1915: Returned to owner.
12.1916: Sold to The Mersey Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Ernest Taylor, manager).
13.2.1917: Fishing 13 miles N of Inishtrahull. Stopped by U-boat (U78), Skipper and Chief Engineer taken prisoner. Sunk by explosive charges.
17.2.1917: Survivors returned to Fleetwood.
9.3.1917: Grimsby registry closed.