Official Number: 139213
Yard Number: 636
Gross Tonnage: 275
Net Tonnage: 108
Length: 125.4 ft
Breadth: 23.4 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, Middlesbrough
19.4.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.636) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as DHOON.
24.5.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD244).
5.1916: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
9.1916: Requisitioned for war service from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.2959).
24.11.1916: Mined near Newarp Light Vessel.
19.12.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
(Lost – Ty/Sk. Allan McB. Ramsay; Edward Casey, 2nd Hand; George Sharkey & William Stonebanks, Enginemen; Hugh McAngus, seaman; James F. B. Main, Malcolm McLeod, Isaac S. Stone & George M. Tait, deckhands; Donald Finlayson & Arthur G. Gardner, trimmers; John G. Lawrie, signalman)
Official Number: 136902
Yard Number: 608
Gross Tonnage: 219
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 117.0 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 11.9 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Built: South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
16.3.1915: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.608) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as CRAIK.
17.4.1915: Registered at Fleetwood (FD134).
4.1915: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, managers). Requisitioned from the builders for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1471).
1919: Returned to owner.
26.11.1932: Homeward from fishing grounds in heavy seas and poor visibility, stranded 4 miles N of Feolin Ferry, Jura; crew of eleven rescued by Craighouse Life Saving Apparatus Company.
8.12.1932: Refloated by salvage steamer and anchored Port Askaig. Repaired and returned to service.
1935: Sold to A. Robertson, Aberdeen.
29.4.1935: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.5.1935: Registered at Aberdeen (A300).
1935: Sold to Andrew Robertson & R. C. Kelman, Aberdeen (Andrew Robertson managing owner).
26.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service on examination service (Hire rate £60.4.6d/month). Based Aberdeen.
1945: Sold to R. C. Kelman, Aberdeen (A. Hay, manager).
1945: Sold to Devanha Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (William Wood, manager).
1948: Registered at Aberdeenas GILMAR (A300).
29.6.1957: Went to assistance of CARENCY (A129) (Sk. David Wood) which in thick fog had stranded at Greenigoe one mile north of Wick. Connected and moved the vessel about 20 ft. Wick lifeboat (Cox. Neil Stewart), which had been standing by for fourteen hours, took off crew of thirteen and two hours later vessel slipped off rocks, rolled over and sank.
1960: Registered at Aberdeen as GILMAR II (A300) to free name for newbuilding.
1960: Sold to BISCO and allocated to James A. White & Co Ltd, St. Davids, Fife for breaking up.
7.12.1960: Delivered St. Davids from Aberdeen under own power.
1960: Aberdeen registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
Admiralty Number: 3277
Official Number: 139211
Yard Number: 634
Gross Tonnage: 276
Length: 125.0 ft
Breadth: 23.3 ft
Depth: 12.6 ft
Engine: 87HP T.3-cyl by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
3.4.1916: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.634) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as BURNLEY.
5.1916: Completed (John N. Ward, manager).
11.5.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD242). Requisitioned direct from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.3277). Attached to Harwich Auxiliary Patrol.
26.9.1916: Magnus B. J. Wedum appointed manager.
25.11.1916: While sweeping off Orford Ness, mined in position 52.4.45N 1.42.0E.
27.11.1916: HMTrawler KELVIN (H357)(Ad.No.1974) when off S.I. Gabbard Buoy at about 2.00 pm. recovered body of W. Wetherly, Mate, transferred to HMDrifter ORION II (BF368) (Ad.No.2280) and landed at Harwich.
19.12.1916: Fleetwood registry closed.
(Lost – Lieut Cdr Thomas R. Heap; Ty/Sk. Robert Page; William Wetherly, 2nd Hand; Richard D. Johnstone & Stephen Leslie, Enginemen; William W. B. Raffin, telegraphist; Japheth Levett, AB; Albert Pretten, seaman; Walter Braime, Frederick R. Francis, John R. Goodwin, William Jenkinson, Charles Margerison, David Swanson, deckhands; William E. Hammant, & William H. Wells, trimmers; Amos Purkiss, trimmer/cook; William Trusler, boy cook; Oliver H. Lawrence, boy.)
Official Number: 127408
Yard Number: 362
Gross Tonnage: 239
Net Tonnage: 73
Length: 120.3 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by MacColl & Pollock Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd North Shields
2.10.1907: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd North Shields (Yd. No.362) for John Thomas, Milford Haven (managing owner) as BEATRICE.
30.11.1907: Registered at Milford (M212).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.362). Based on the Tyne.
12.1914: Renamed BEATRICE II.
1915: Dardanelles Campaign.
16.10.1917: Sold to The Wyre Steam Trawling Co Ltd Fleetwood (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
14.3.1918: Sold to Walter Harold Beesley, Grimsby (managing owner).
8.4.1918: Milford registry closed.
10.4.1918: Registered at Grimsby as BEATRICE (GY1114).
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
3.1919: Sold to The Middleton Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hartlepool (Harry Middleton, manager).
4.4.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
4.1919: Registered at Hartlepool (HL16).
1927: Sold to N.V. Maats Petten, IJmuiden (L & J Schager, managers).
1927: Hartlepool registry closed.
1927: Re-measured 236g 71n.
1927: Registered at IJmuiden as BERGEN (IJM16).
By 1930: N.V. Vissch. Maats Petten, IJmuiden (L & J Schager, managers).
6.1940: Requisitioned for war service under Dutch Naval Control (P.No.6C).
8.1940: Fitting out at Milford.
9.1940: At Holyhead with M/S Group 66.
11.1941: Group moved to Milford.
1.6.1942: Group moved to Portsmouth under Admiralty control (P.No.FY.932).
7.1942: Paid off.
9.1942: At Southampton as a minesweeper fitting out with oropesa sweeps.
03-04.1943: Not listed.
5.1943: Fitting out as a single line gate vessel.
6.1943: Last recorded, still fitting out.
1945: Laid up in Southampton (did not return to IJmuiden).
1947: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge image
Official Number: 109677
Yard Number: 643
Gross Tonnage: 182
Net Tonnage: 71
Length: 115.5 ft
Breadth: 21.1 ft
Depth: 11.4 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
7.11.1900: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.643) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as RIBBLE.
30.11.1900: Registered at Fleetwood (FD198).
4.12.1900: Completed. Richard C. Ward & John N. Ward designated joint managers.
23.1.1901: Mortgaged to The Lancaster Banking Co Ltd, Lancaster at 43/4% interest (A).
26.5.1906: Stranded at Clohane Island near Mizen Head, Co. Cork under the fog station construction site. Skipper, crew and two pleasurers rescued. Subsequently declared a Total Loss.
15.6.1906: Fleetwood registry closed.