Official Number: 136902
Yard Number: 608
Gross Tonnage: 219
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 117.0 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 11.9 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
16.3.1915: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.608) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as CRAIK.
17.4.1915: Registered at Fleetwood (FD134).
4.1915: Completed (Magnus B. J. Wedum, managers). Requisitioned from the builders for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.1471).
1919: Returned to owner.
26.11.1932: Homeward from fishing grounds in heavy seas and poor visibility, stranded 4 miles N of Feolin Ferry, Jura; crew of eleven rescued by Craighouse Life Saving Apparatus Company.
8.12.1932: Refloated by salvage steamer and anchored Port Askaig. Repaired and returned to service.
4.1935: Sold to Richard Cameron Kelman & Andrew Robertson, Aberdeen.
29.4.1935: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.5.1935: Registered at Aberdeen (A300).
1935: Sold to Andrew Robertson & Richard Cameron Kelman, Aberdeen (Andrew Robertson managing owner).
26.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service for examination service (Hire rate £60.4.6d/month). Based Aberdeen.
28.2.1945: Sold to Richard Cameron Kelman, Aberdeen (A. Hay, manager).
2.3.1946: Sold to Devanha Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (William Wood, manager).
8.1948: Registered at Aberdeen as GILMAR (A300) (MoT Minute RG No. 1775/47 dated 26.8.1948).
29.6.1957: Went to assistance of CARENCY (A129) (Sk. David Wood) which in thick fog had stranded at Greenigoe one mile north of Wick. Connected and moved the vessel about 20 ft. Wick lifeboat (Cox. Neil Stewart), which had been standing by for fourteen hours, took off crew of thirteen and two hours later vessel slipped off rocks, rolled over and sank.
19.4.1960: Registered at Aberdeen as GILMAR II (A300) to free name for newbuilding (MoT Minute RSS 8/1/01844 dated 18.3.1960).
1960: Sold to BISCO and allocated to James A. White & Co Ltd, St. Davids, Fife for breaking up.
7.12.1960: Delivered St. Davids from Aberdeen under own power.
21.6.1960: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel broken up”.
Click to enlarge images
17/05/2012: Page published. 7 updates since then.
13/04/2013: Picture added.
28/05/2017: Removed FMHT watermarks from images.
25/01/2020: Updated information.