Official Number: 11429
Yard number: 289
Gross Tonnage: 195
Net Tonnage: 60
Length: 115 ft
Breadth: 21 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull
Engine: 55NHP T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Speed 10 knots
17.6.1901: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Hull (Yd.No.289) for Richard Kelsall (16/64), Liverpool; John Johnson (12/64), Manchester; Gertrude Marion Kelsall (8/64), Prestwich; Mabel Beeching Kelsall (8/64), Prestwich; William Preston (4/64), Fleetwood; Isaac Miller (4/64), Knott End; Horace Bourne (4/64), Adlington, Chorley; Thomas Frederick Kelsall (4/64), Fleetwood and John Johnson Jnr (4/64), Manchester as CITY OF LONDON.
8.7.1901: Registered at Fleetwood (FD201), Thomas F. Kelsall designated managing owner.
15.7.1903: J. Johnson (6/64) shares sold to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London.
15.7.1903: J. Johnson (6/64) shares sold to John Johnson Jnr (10/64).
24.9.1904: G. M. Kelsall (8/64) shares mortgaged to Alfred Ernest Woodhouse (8/64), Manchester for £200 @ 71/2% interest.
18.9.1912: Reported that while alongside at Dunmore East, Co. Waterford for repairs, Thomas Minns (25), deckhand, of Cop Lane, Fleetwood was drowned.
Pre1914: Sold to Fred Kelsall & Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Thomas F. Kelsall designated manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 75.85 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
27.10.1914: Picked up 30 crew members of MANCHESTER COMMERCE (5363grt/1899) which foundered after striking a mine 20 miles NE of Tory Island; master and thirteen men lost. Put in to Carnlough Bay, Co Antrim to report incident.
28.10.1914: Landed survivors at Fleetwood.
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence trawler (Ad.No.NI). Based Scapa.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
09.1919: In collision in dock channel with SOAR (FD155) and both vessel took the ground. Refloated on next tide.
21.11.1919: Sold to John Robson, Graigallion, Kilmalcolm, Renfrewshire (George H. Smith & Hew C. Kennedy, Stranraer, managers).
14.4.1920: Fleetwood registry closed.
4.1920: Registered at Stranraer (SR1).
1920: Change of address, John Robson, Stranraer (Hew C. Kennedy, manager).
6.1923: Sold to Andrew Lewis & Andrew Walker, Aberdeen (Andrew Lewis managing owner).
6.1925: Stranraer registry closed.
16.6.1925: Registered at Aberdeen (A113).
11.3.1926: Sold to Regent Fishing Co (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen (Thomas Walker, manager).
20.3.1926: Registered at Aberdeen as DANURIE (A113) (BoT Minute M/RG1093/26 dated 15.3.1926).
1937: Sold for breaking up.
20.4.1937: Aberdeen registry closed “Broken up”.
16/05/2012: Page published. 6 updates since then.
12/12/2019: Information updated.