Additional information courtesy of Peter Bell
Official Number: 127408
Yard Number: 362
Gross Tonnage: 239
Net Tonnage: 73
Length: 120.3 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by MacColl & Pollock Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd North Shields
2.10.1907: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd North Shields (Yd. No.362) for John Thomas, Milford Haven (managing owner) as BEATRICE.
30.11.1907: Registered at Milford (M212).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service.
13.8.1914: Arrived Devonport for Special Trawler Reserve; when stored to sail for Lowestoft. Based on the Tyne.
12.1914: Renamed BEATRICE II (Ad.No.362)
1.1915: Arrived Devonport to fit out for Mediterranean as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.362).
27.1.1915: Ordered to sail from Devonport to Mediterranean.
1915: Dardanelles Campaign.
8.3.1915: Sweeping near Yeni Cale, Dardanelles, paired with OKINO (Lieut. Geoffrey T. Whitehouse RNR)(Ad.No.285) (GY4). Leaving area OKINO mined and foundered in two minutes; four survivors including the CO. Damaged by shelling, Ch Eng. William Holland, Milford, suffered head injuries from shrapnel. Operated on and recovered.
20.12.1915: Dardanelles (Gallipoli) evacuation completed. Redeployed.
16.10.1917: Sold to The Wyre Steam Trawling Co Ltd Fleetwood (Magnus B. J. Wedum, manager).
14.3.1918: Sold to Walter Harold Beesley, Grimsby (managing owner).
8.4.1918: Milford registry closed.
10.4.1918: Registered at Grimsby as BEATRICE (GY1114).
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
3.1919: Sold to The Middleton Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hartlepool (Harry Middleton, manager).
4.4.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
4.1919: Registered at Hartlepool (HL16).
1927: Sold to N.V. Maats “Petten”, IJmuiden (L & J Schager, managers).
1927: Hartlepool registry closed.
1927: Re-measured 236g 71n.
1927: Registered at IJmuiden as BERGEN (IJM16).
By 1930: N.V. Vissch. Maats “Petten”, IJmuiden (L & J Schager, managers).
6.1940: Requisitioned for war service under Dutch Naval Control (P.No.6C).
8.1940: Fitting out at Milford.
9.1940: At Holyhead with M/S Group 66.
11.1941: Group moved to Milford.
1.6.1942: Group moved to Portsmouth under Admiralty control (P.No.FY.932).
7.1942: Paid off.
9.1942: At Southampton as a minesweeper fitting out with oropesa sweeps.
03-04.1943: Not listed.
5.1943: Fitting out as a single line gate vessel.
6.1943: Last recorded, still fitting out.
1945: Laid up in Southampton (did not return to IJmuiden).
1947: Sold for breaking up.
Click to enlarge image
25/10/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
14/09/2015: Information updated.
19/06/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.