S.T. Cradock LT591
Admiralty Number: 4472
Official Number: 139348
Yard Number: 170
Gross Tonnage: 203
Net Tonnage: 88
Length: 115.4 ft
Breadth: 22.2 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Boiler: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
Built: Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith
1.1919: Launched by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith (Yd.No.170) (“Strath” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM CHALMERS (Ad.No.4472).
1919: Sold to Leonard C. Cockrell, Wivenhoe.
2.5.1919: Renamed CRADOCK.
8.9.1919: Registered at Hull (H78).
17.9.1919: Hull registry closed.
22.9.1919: Registered at Lowestoft (LT591).
27.11.1919: Sold to Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Leonard C. Cockrell, manager).
1.1921: Fishing from Milford Haven.
3.12.1923: Sold to Arthur S. Bowlby, Harlow (Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd) (Edward D. W. Lawford, Milford Haven, manager).
24.12.1928: Sold to Robert Taylor & Sons Ltd, Dundee (William N. Taylor, manager).
5.1933: At Fleetwood with Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd involvement.
9.12.1933: Sold to Shields Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Thomas S. Read, manager).
12.12.1933: Last landing at Milford.
23.12.1933: Lowestoft registry closed.
15.1.1934: Registered at North Shields (SN8).
24.2.1935: At about 10.30am. when outward from North Shields for fishing grounds, in collision off the Satellite buoys, with inbound Aberdeen registered steam coaster KILDRUMMY (629grt/1924) which sustained extensive damage to shell plating starboard side forward. Returned to North Shields with damage forward and stem twisted; KILDRUMMY proceeded up the Tyne.
8.11.1941: Attacked and bombed by German aircraft, 14 miles NNE of St. Abbs Head and subsequently foundered; crew of nine away in lifeboat.
19.11.1941: North Shields registry closed “Sunk by enemy action”.