Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 135973
Yard Number: 271A
Gross Tonnage: 296.09
Net Tonnage: 122.08
Length: 130.2 ft
Breadth: 23.0 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: 540ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
19.7.1913: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.271A) for The Standard Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as Scarron.
6.10.1913: Walter William Butt appointed manager.
7.10.1913: Registered at Grimsby (GY935).
8.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-6pdr HA, 1-5” Howitzer) (Ad.No.1864). Based Granton.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
26.8.1936: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
8.4.1938: Bill Butt appointed manager.
28.6.1938: Arthur Wright Butt appointed manager.
1.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an auxiliary patrol vessel (P.No.FY1913).
10.1940: Fitted out as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, AA weapons).
1.12.1941: Mortgage (A) discharged.
14.1.1942: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull (temporary address, 231 Dock St, Fleetwood).
22.1.1942: Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager.
12.1945: Returned to owner.
1946: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Edgar G. Rees, Llanelly for breaking up.
7.7.1946: Breaking commenced.
15.11.1946: Grimsby registry closed “Ship broken up”.
Click to enlarge image
02/05/2014: Page created.
10/08/2014: Information updated.