Official Number: 139920
Yard Number: 347
Gross Tonnage: 344
Net Tonnage: 138
Length: 135.4 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T-3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
18.4.1916: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.347) for The Standard Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as SARPEDON.
24.10.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY984). Walter W. Butt appointed manager.
1.1917: Requisitioned from builders for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.2998).
11.1917: Renamed SARPEDON II. Based Portsmouth as a Special Service Vessel.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
18.11.1939: In convoy for the Icelandic grounds as Convoy Officer’s ship (Convoy Officer Lieut Reginald H. W. Jackson RNVR) in company with ANDANES (GY923), SARONTA (GY1082), CONISBORO (GY244), WIGMORE (GY469)(Sk. Walter Bore) and MURMANSK (GY26). At about 11.15pm when 25 miles N by W of Rattray Head in appoximate position 58°01.2N/01°57.5W attacked by U-boat (U.22) and WIGMORE sunk by torpedo; all sixteen crew lost.
8.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an auxiliary patrol vessel (1-12pdr, AA weapons) (P.No.4.05)(Hire rate £93.15.8d/month).
14.1.1942: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull (temporary address, 231 Dock St, Fleetwood).
22.1.1942: Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager).
25.7.1945: Returned to owner.
9.1945: Re-measured 331g 141n.
9.1945: Completed restoration at Hull.
25.10.1945: Sold to Kenneth Percival (Trawlers) Ltd (64/64), Hull.
11.1945: Grimsby registry closed.
11.1945: registered at Hull (H142). Kenneth Percival appointed manager.
10.3.1947: Sold to Anglo Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
3.1947: Hull registry closed.
3.1947: Registered at Grimsby (GY466). Leslie Little appointed manager.
6.10.1952: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Stockton Shipping & Salvage Co Ltd, Stockton on Tees for breaking up at Thornaby on Tees.
2.1953: Grimsby registry closed.
28/04/2014: Page published. 2 updates since then.