Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall
Official Number: 109725
Yard Number: 624
Gross Tonnage: 133
Net Tonnage: 57
Length: 95.0 ft
Breadth: 20.7 ft
Depth: 10.8 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by North Eastern Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
28.2.1900: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.624) for The Moor Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hartlepool as NORTHMOOR.
4.4.1900: Registered at Hartlepool (HL59).
1902: Sold to W. Gartner, Hamburg.
16.8.1902: Hartlepool registry closed.
8.1902: Registered at Hamburg as St. GEORG.
30.9.1915: Captured in the North Sea by the light cruiser HMS CONQUEST of the Harwich based 5th Light Cruiser Squadron.
10.1915: Fitted out as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) and on completion renamed CHURCHSIN (Ad.No.1943).
11.5.1920: Sold to John Lewis Ltd (64/64), Aberdeen.
15.7.1920: Registered at Aberdeen as BANKS O’ DEE (A345).
15.7.1920: Andrew Lewis appointed manager.
12.10.1920: Sale to Robert Masson, Thomas Masson, William Masson, Isabelle Masson, Janet Masson, John Burns and John Lewis, Aberdeen not completed.
7.1.1921: Sold to William McPherson Snr, William McPherson Jnr, John Lewis and Elizabeth Lewis, Aberdeen (64/64 joint owners). Andrew Lewis appointed manager.
24.4.1926: Sold to James Brodie, Elizabeth Lewis and John Lewis, Aberdeen. Andrew Lewis appointed manager.
3.6.1929: Sir Andrew Lewis appointed manager.
31.7.1934: Sold to James Brodie, John Lewis, Aberdeen and Augustus William Strachan, Benstead, Surrey. Sir Andrew Lewis appointed manager.
1937: Sold to Metal Industries Ltd, Glasgow at Aberdeen (£450) for breaking up at Charlestown, Fife (Contract No.24C).
10.6.1937: Arrived Charlestown.
25.8.1937: Breaking commenced.
8.9.1937: Aberdeen registry closed “Ship broken up.”.
Click to enlarge image
08/04/2014: Page published. 3 updates since then.
01/02/2019: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
05/08/2019: Updated information.