Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 99184
Yard Number: 346
Gross Tonnage: 133.02
Net Tonnage: 47.69
Length: 96.5 ft
Breadth: 20.3 ft
Depth: 10.6 ft
Built: R. Dixon & Co, Middlesbrough
Engine: 400ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Note: Fleetwood’s first viable steam trawler.
8.7.1891: Launched by Sir Raylton Dixon & Co, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.346) for Pioneer Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as LARK.
23.9.1891: Charles Andrew Marshall appointed manager.
25.9.1891: Registered at Grimsby (GY383).
2.10.1891: Arrived Fleetwood to land and to operate from the port (Sk.Harry Bird). Walker M. Kelly, Fleetwood, managing agent.
11.2.1906: Off Antrim coast, north-west of Rathlin Island stood by and then with steam trawler TRENT (FD12) connected to Sunderland registered West Hartlepool steamer QUEEN WILHELMINA (3950g/1898) which had lost her propeller nine days previously in the Atlantic 160 miles west of Rockall while on passage Tyne – Baltimore in ballast. Commenced tow to Belfast.
12.2.1906: Off Tor Point, Co. Antrim, at 10.00am. steam trawler WYRE (FD196) came upon them, made fast and assisted in the towage.
13.2.1906: At 4.45pm delivered safely to anchor in Belfast Lough.
23.5.1906: In the High Court of Justice – Admiralty Division, awarded the sum of £1,200 in respect of the salvage of the QUEEN WILHELMINA.
10.5.1907: Sold to Thomas Hudson (64/64), Fleetwood.
10.5.1907: Charles Hudson designated managing owner.
10.5.1907: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Pioneer Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby for the sum of £600 with interest at 5% (A).
11.5.1907: Grimsby registry closed.
13.5.1907: Registered at Fleetwood (FD120).
20.11.1907: Mortgage (A) discharged.
2.5.1908: Charles Hudson shares (13/64) sold to Charles Hudson Jnr (13/64), Fleetwood (fish merchant) and shares (5/64) to William Stephen Greening (5/64) (fishing skipper), Fleetwood.
2.5.1908: Charles Hudson remains managing owner.
18.8.1908: Three Bills of Sale. Sold by Charles Hudson (46/64), Charles Hudson Jnr (13/64) and William Stephen Greening (5/64) to Daniel Armour (64/64), Glasgow.
18.8.1908: Daniel Armour designated managing owner.
1909: Sailed to Rangoon to operate as a coaster, tug and tender (Daniel Armour – Master).
2.12.1909: Fleetwood fishing registry (Part IV) closed.
20.12.1910: Fleetwood registry (Part 1) closed.
1911: Registered at Rangoon.
1911: Operated by J. E. Du Bern & Co, Rangoon.
1936: Reported sold for breaking up.
25/12/2008: Page published. 5 revisions since then.
09/12/2014: Information updated.
27/10/2015: Updated information.
03/04/2021: Updated history.