S.T. Somerville GY301


Official Number: 96241
Yard Number: 20
Completed: 1891
Gross Tonnage: 149
Net Tonnage: 48
Length: 100.5 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
Built: Mackie & Thompson Ltd, Govan


27.2.1891: Launched by Mackie & Thomson Ltd, Govan (Yd.No.20) for William S. Letten, Grimsby (managing owner) as SOMERVILLE.
1891: Completed.
26.3.1891: Registered at Grimsby (GY301).
9.3.1896: Returned to Grimsby and reported deckhand William Carroll had been washed overboard two days earlier in heavy weather and drowned.
15.6.1896: Skipper in court at Copenhagen for fishing within Danish territorial waters. Fined 200kr with 100kr costs and gear and catch confiscated.
1910: Sold to Robert Mather, Dublin (managing owner).
5.1916: Sold to William Johnston, Newhaven, Edinburgh (managing owner).
10.5.1916: Grimsby registry closed.
5.1916: Registered at Granton (GN64).
1916: Sold to Ernest Taylor & Noah Ashworth, Fleetwood (Ernest Taylor, Thornton-le-Fylde, manager).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
6.1917: Sold to William Would, Grimsby (managing owner).
6.1917: Granton registry closed.
23.6.1917: Registered at Grimsby (GY1070).
1918: New boiler fitted.
1919: Released.
4.1920: Sold to The Woodberry Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Harold A. Jeffries, manager).
11.1924: Sold to Alfred Bannister, Grimsby (managing owner).
11.1924: Registered at Grimsby as LANCHESTER (GY1070).
11.1931: Sold to Fred Bannister, Grimsby (managing owner).
7.1932: Sold to shipbreakers.
23.7.1932: Grimsby registry closed “Sold for breaking up”.


07/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.