S.T. William Beaumont GY854
Admiralty Number: 3644
Official Number: 143911
Yard Number: 634
Gross Tonnage: 203
Net Tonnage 82
Length: 115.4 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
9.7.1918: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.634) (“Strath” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM BEAUMONT.
1.1920: Sold at auction at Milford to Crown Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Sir George E. J. Moody, manager).
24.1.1920: Registered at Grimsby (GY854).
1925: Transferred to Fleetwood.
4.1928: Sold to Walker Steam Trawl Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (T. Walker, manager).
20.4.1928: Grimsby registry closed.
29.5.1928: Renamed STAR OF SCOTLAND (A347).
10.12.1939: Damaged by German air attack 10 miles SE of Fetlar, Shetland.
1946: Sold to George Robb & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (George Robb, manager). Renamed VIKING STAR (A347).
post 1958: Sold to Bruces Stores (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen.
1960: Sold to Netherlands for demolition.
3.1960: Arrived Rotterdam in tow of tug LOIRE.
(William Beaumont, AB (volunteer), age 22, b. Carlisle, Cumberland – VICTORY (SB419))