In Marr (Fleetwood) ownership. Did not fish from Fleetwood
Official Number: 160113
Yard Number: 496
Gross Tonnage: 360
Net Tonnage: 142
Breadth: 24.0 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
19.5.1928: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.496) for Jutland Amalgamated Trawlers Ltd, Hull as LADY ROSEMARY.
3.7.1928: Registered at Hull (H442).
7.7.1928: Completed (A. Cargill, manager).
2.2.1937: Sailed Hull for Norway Coast grounds last trip before sale (Sk. H. Firth).
22.2.1937: At Grimsby landed 1,850 kits grossed £811.
4.3.1937: Sold to Great Grimsby & East Coast Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Albert William Butt, manager).
12.3.1937: Hull registry closed.
13.3.1937: Registered at Grimsby (GY374).
1.7.1937: Registered at Grimsby as DALMATIA (GY374).
6.1939: Sold to The Admiralty (£10,000). Fitted out as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.844).
8.12.1939: Grimsby registry closed.
6.1940: Based Gt Yarmouth with M/S Group 29 (Sk. A. R. Lees RNR).
1.1941: Refitting at Southampton (Act Sk. A. E. Warburton RNR).
6.1941: Based Portsmouth with M/S Group 29 (Ty/Sk. C. Evans RNR).
1.1944: Fitted out as a dan layer and assigned to Operation Neptune – Normandy Landings. Attached to 9th Flotilla.
5.6.1944: Left Solent anchorage to sweep and mark Channel 7 for Force J1. On completion swept and marked anchorage for Force J ships.
7.6.1944: Marking area off landing beaches in Eastern Task Force area.
25.6.1944: Marked swept channel off Cherbourg.
29.6.1944: In support of minesweepers
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended. Deployed with minesweeping support off French Coast.
24.4.1946: Sold to Manor Steam Ship Co Ltd, Milford Haven (Reginald Llewellyn Hancock, Hakin, manager).
6.1946: At Milford, completed Special Survey. Re-classed as a Steam Trawler.
26.6.1946: Registered at Milford (M140).
11.1947: Sold to J. C. Llewellin (Trawlers) Ltd, Milford Haven (John Charles Llewellin, manager).
5.11.1947: Milford registry closed.
11.1947: Registered at Hull (H474). Fishing from Hull (Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull, managing agents).
23.12.1948: Registered at Hull as WESTHAWK (H474).
27.6.1949: Sold to North Eastern Trawlers Ltd, London (William Stanley Shepherd MP) (Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull, managing agents). Mortgaged to British Mutual Bank Ltd, London.
22.9.1950: Sold by mortgagee to J. Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood (Geoffrey Edwards Marr, Hull, manager) for £21,195.
8.1951: Docked for Special Survey (drilled) at Hull.
1952: Used for WFA lay up scheme and fishing quota.
27.11.1952: Sold to BISCO and allocated to J. J. King & Co Ltd, Gateshead for breaking up.
11.1952: Delivered River Tyne.
6.3.1953: Hull registry closed “Broken up”.
24/07/2010: Page published. 5 updates since then.