Additional information courtesy of Andy Hall
Official Number: 67139
Net Tonnage: 22.91
Built: ??, Rothesay
1865: Completed by ??, Rothesay as IDA.
1.1.1870: Not listed in MNL.
1.1.1875: Owned by Peter Leadbetter Jnr, Fleetwood. Registered at Fleetwood (FD153).
1.1.1876: Owned by John Thompson , Isle of Whithorn, Wigtonshire. Registered at Fleetwood as ISLE OF BUTE (FD153).
1.1.1880: Owned by Hugh Stewart, Tonderghie, Whithorn, Wigtonshire.
By 1.1.1982: Owned by John A. Douglas, Monreith, Wigtownshire. Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Wigtown.
1.1.1886: Owned by George F. Levason, Whitehaven. Wigtown registry closed. Registered at Whitehaven (2/1886).
1893: Owned by Thomas Brown, Maryport (managing owner).
1895: Owned by Joseph Greenop, 12 Stanley Street, Workington (managing owner).
5.3.1895: Sailed Workington for grounds off St.Bees Head. In the afternoon run down by the Whitehaven steamer WALNEY (238grt/1881) (Capt Hunter), foundering quickly but crew of three picked up by the steamer.
26.3.1895: At the Board of Trade Inquiry at Whitehaven, the court found the master of the WALNEY was not justified in leaving only one man on deck and that the collision was caused by the seaman on watch, Edward Anderson porting the helm when he thought he was starboarding. Capt Hunter was ordered to pay £5.0.0d towards the cost of the Inquiry.
1895: Whitehaven registry closed.
26/02/2011: Page published.
22/11/2014: Information updated.
28/11/2014: Information updated.
26/11/2018: Information updated.