S.T. Bracondene A615
Official Number: 137188
Yard Number: 510
Gross Tonnage: 235
Net Tonnage: 89
Length: 121.0 ft
Breadth: 22.6 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
3.2.1916: Launched by A. Hall & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.510) for Bracken Steam Trawling Co (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen as BRACONDENE.
6.3.1916: Registered at Aberdeen (A615). Requisitioned from the builders and fitted out as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.3261). Based Kingstown.
1917: Sold to The Don Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John S. Doeg, manager).
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Aberdeen.
1920: Sold to Sam Robford Co Ltd, London (Keith R. Hoare, London, manager).
12.5.1924: Arrived Aberdeen having lost man overboard.
1926: Transferred to Fleetwood.
1927: Sold to William A. Mackie, Aberdeen (managing owner).
1934: Sold to Bracken Steam Trawling Co (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen (William A. Leith, manager).
1937: Sold to Alexander Bruce, Aberdeen.
3.4.1940: Picked up crew of steam trawler GORSPEN (A376) from boat having abandoned the ship before she foundered after being bombed by enemy aircraft while fishing 31 miles NE of Out Skerries, Shetland Isles.
8.8.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.1812) (Hire rate £66.11.8d/month).
8.1946: Returned to owner.
1959: Owners became the Executors of the late Alexander Bruce, Aberdeen (A. C. Bruce).
1959: Sold to BISCO and allocated to Malcolm Brechin, Granton for breaking up.
5.3.1960: Arrived Granton from Aberdeen under own power.
Click to enlarge image