S.T. Jan de Waele O164

Technical

Yard Number: 947
Completed: 1925
Gross Tonnage: 338
Net Tonnage: 137
Length: 138.8 ft
Breadth: 23.8 ft
Depth: 13.3 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull

History

12.1924: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.947) for Pickering & Haldane’s Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull as LORD ISLINGTON.
3.2.1975: Registered at Hull (H151).
10.2.1925: Completed.
5.1938: Sold to Société Anonyme Pêcheries Ostendaises, Ostend.
28.5.1938: Hull registry closed.
6.1938: Registered at Ostend as JAN de WAELE (O164).
1938: Re measured 324Brt 113n.
1939: Landing at Fleetwood.
13.2.1940: Homeward (to Fleetwood) from Icelandic grounds picked up twenty-nine men from boat, survivors from neutral Swedish steamer DALARÖ (3,927/1911) – Argentina for Sweden, torpedoed by U.boat (U53) to the SW of St. Kilda (12.2.1940). Landed survivors at Buncrana, Co. Donegal.
1940: Transferred to Belgian Economic Mission, London.
19.9.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No.Z.231).
3.12.1945: Returned to owner. Based Milford Haven.
03.12.1945: Returned.
4.1946 – 9.1946: At Antwerp, rebuilt and reclassified as a trawler.
10.9.1946: Returned to service.
1947: Sold to Cia de Pesca de Moçambique S a R L, Lourenço Marques, Moçambique.
27.10.1947: Ostend registry closed. Registered at Lourenço Marques as LAURENTINO.
1955: Sold to B. Gelcer & Co (Pty) Ltd, Cape Town, South Africa. Lourenço Marques registry closed. Registered at Cape Town.
1964: Sold to SA Metal Machinery (Pty) Ltd, Cape Town for breaking up.
1.8.1964: Breaking up commenced. Cape Town registry closed.

Changelog

30/01/2013: Page published. 3 updates since then.