Additional information courtesy of Barry Banham
Official Number: 109100
Yard Number: 242
Gross Tonnage: 169
Net Tonnage: 67
Length: 104.0 ft
Breadth: 21.0 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Built: Mackie & Thomson, Govan
Engine: T.3-cyl by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
30.9.1898: Launched by Mackie & Thomson, Govan (Yd.No.242) for The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull as EDITOR.
25.1.1899: Registered at Hull (H422). James Leyman appointed manager.
1906: William R. Nowell appointed manager.
1913: Fred Smith appointed manager.
12.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr) (Ad.No.398).
1917: Returned to owner.
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
10.1918: Sold to Charles Dobson, Grimsby and others.
21.10.1918: Hull registry closed.
24.10.1918: Registered at Grimsby (GY1218). Charles Dobson designated managing owner.
25.7.1919: Sold to Naylor, Bull & Co Ltd, Cardiff. Frederick G. Naylor, Grimsby appointed manager.
2.1923: Sold to Charles Dobson, Grimsby & others. Charles Dobson designated managing owner.
6.1929: Sold to John Thomas Webb (22/64), George Warman (21/64) and William Hutchings 2(21/64), all Lowestoft, Lowestoft & others.
26.6.1929: Grimsby registry closed.
27.6.1929: Registered at Lowestoft (LT92). William Hutchings designated managing owner.
15.2.1930: Sold to William Hutchings (43/64) and George Warman (21/64), Lowestoft.
8.3.1930: Sold to Sydney Loose (22/64), George Warman (21/64) and William Hutchings (21/64), Lowestoft.
1930: Fishing out of Fleetwood.
25.11.1930: At Bangor Magistrates Court, Sk. Herbert Plant was fined £10 for trawling within limits off the Anglesey coast.
4.4.1933: Fishing out of Aberdeen. Foundered in North Sea off Aberdeen in position 57.10N 1.30W after springing a leak; all nine crew rescued.
9.5.1933: Lowestoft registry closed “Total loss”.
Click to enlarge image
18/12/2014: Page published.
03/04/2016: Picture added.
07/02/2019: Removed FMHT watermark.