Additional information courtesy of Gary Hicks Plymouth Merchant Ships and Andy Hall
Official Number: 5587
Built: W. Moore & Son, Plymouth
Net Tonnage: 20 (32 tons burthen)
Length: 49.0 ft
Breadth: 13.6 ft
Depth: 8.1 ft
Rig: Smack (sloop rigged) Trawling and lining
1848: Completed by W. Moore & Son, Plymouth for Daniel Oyns 32/64) and Joseph Germain (32/64), Plymouth as SECRET.
29.7.1948: Builder’s Certificate issued.
5.8.1848: Registered at Plymouth.
29.8.1854: Daniel Oyns shares (32/64) sold to Joseph Germain, Plymouth (64/64).
7.9.1854: Plymouth registry closed.
9.1854: Registered at Hull.
8.1859: Hull registry closed.
19.8.1859: Registered at Fleetwood (FD161).
1.1.1870: Owned by Edward Curedale, Bury.
1.1.1875: Owned by James Hazlitt, Fleetwood.
1.1.1883: Owned by William Fairclough, Fleetwood.
28.7.1888: Sold to William Fairclough, 23 Kemp St, Fleetwood (managing owner).
30.9.1904: While making for the port and off the Promenade at Fleetwood run down by steam trawler CITY of MANCHESTER (FD193); crew abandoned in boat and landed safely. Salved but badly damaged and in view of age beyond economical repair.
21.10.1904: Fleetwood registry closed. “Sold to be broken up”.
14/01/2014: Information updated.
29/11/2014: Information updated.