Official Number: 55130
Yard Number: 50
Gross Tonnage: 149
Net Tonnage: 54
Length: 125.5 ft
Breadth: 18 ft
Depth: 9.8 ft
Engine: Lever 2-cyl & boiler by R. & W. Hawthorn, Leslie & Co Ltd, Hebburn-on-Tyne
Built: Wigham Richardson & Co, Walker upon Tyne
Note: Paddle Steamer – first powered vessel to fish from Fleetwood
1868: Completed by Wigham Richardson & Co, Low Walker upon Tyne (Yd.No.50) for Northern Lighthouse Board, Edinburgh as DHU HEARTACH. Registered at Leith.
1875: Sold to Alderman William H. Crocker, Blackpool.
1876: Leith registry closed. Registered at Fleetwood. Attempted to trawl fish out of Fleetwood, but harassed by smacksmen, their agents and those involved in the inshore fishery and abandoned the venture.
1884: Sold to H. Hall, Fleetwood.
1886: Sold to S. Auberstein, Cardiff.
1887: Sold to S. Lord, Fleetwood.
1887: Sold to Christopher Furness, West Hartlepool. Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at West Hartlepool.
1890: Sold to The Direct Acting Jet Propulsion Co Ltd, West Hartlepool (Frederick W. Richardson, Stanton, manager).
1893: Sold John Wigham & Thomas Colling, Sunderland (Thomas Colling managing owner). West Hartlepool registry closed. Registered at Sunderland.
1893: Rebuilt as twin screw, C.2-cyl x 2 by R. Dunlop & Bell, Liverpool – remeasured 167g 76n.
1895: Sold to Thomas Maughan, Sunderland. Renamed Startforth.
1895: Sold to John H. Soppit, Sunderland (managing owner).
1896: Sold to The Skinningrove Iron Co Ltd, Carlin How (Thomas C. Hutchinson, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, manager).
1897: Sunderland registry closed. Registered at Middlesbrough.
1900: Sold to Archibald Stewart, Glasgow (managing owner). Middlesbrough registry closed. Registered at Glasgow.
1905: Owners re-styled Forth Steamship Co Ltd, Glasgow (Archibald Stewart, manager, managers).
1908: Sold to Buchan & Hogg, Grangemouth (John Hogg managing owner).
1914: Laid up at Alloa.
1915: Sold to Weymouth Diving & Towing Co Ltd, Weymouth.
1917: Sold to Samuel W. Oakley, London (managing owner).
1917: Glasgow registry closed. Registered at Weymouth.
1921: Sold to Edward T. Murphy, London.
1921: Sold to E. Parker, London.
1921: Sold to Woodruff & Co Ltd, London.
1922: Sold to Thomas E. Hill, Birkenhead (managing owner).
1923: Sold to Southampton Shipping, Metal & Shingle Co Ltd, London (Samuel R. T. Dowding, Southampton, manager).
1924: Sold to the Netherlands for breaking up.
19/12/2010: Page published. 8 updates since then.
22/09/2019: Information updated.