Official Number: 121030
Yard Number: 64
Gross Tonnage: 270
Net Tonnage: 94
Length: 130 ft
Breadth: 22 ft
Depth: 12.4 ft
Engine: 80 hp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell, Beverley
Speed: 10.5 knots
24.11.1904: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley (Yd.No.64) for The Imperial Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as GAUL (H761).
30.1.1905: Registered at Hull (H761).
2.1905: Completed (Frank O. Hellyer & Owen S. Hellyer, managers).
2.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 1-7.5” A/S Howitzer) (Ad.No.733).
3.11.1917: Sold to The New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor & Ernest Tomlinson, managers). Based Humber.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
8.4.1919: Hull registry closed.
9.4.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD143).
1924: William W. Brierley appointed manager.
1925: Chartered by Hellyer Bros Ltd, Hull for use in reconnoitring for icefields, marking boundaries, fish carrying, etc in the halibut fishery in the Davis Strait, Greenland.
2.1926: Chartered by Andreas Goodmundsson, Leith to carry fish from Iceland to Grimsby.
27.3.1926: On completion of charter, sailed Grimsby for Fleetwood north about with a scratch crew (Sk. Karl Johnson); nine crew in all.
30.3.1926: In heavy weather driven on submerged reef in Ballevullin Bay, NW Tiree. Crew took to boat which overturned; seven men lost, two reached the shore. (Crew all Grimsby men. Survivors. G. Platt, deckhand and E. Thompson, trimmer. Lost. Sk. Karl Johnson; W. Robinson, Mate; R. Dean, third hand; T. Moon deckhand; A. Keightley, Chief engineer, R. Kershaw, 2nd engineer and A. Beard, cook.
29.7.1926: Fleetwood registry closed on advice from owners.
Click to enlarge image
19/01/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.