Admiralty Number: 3879
Official Number: 146041
Yard Number: 444
Gross Tonnage: 99
Net Tonnage: 41
Length: 86 ft
Breadth: 18.6 ft
Depth: 9.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Wm. Beardmore & Co Ltd, Glasgow
Built: J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Aberdeen
11.6.1918: Launched by J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.444) (“Admiralty drifter”) for The Admiralty as DAWN (Ad.No.3879).
7.1918: Completed as a minesweeper (W/T).
13.11.1919: Transferred to Fishery Board for Scotland for disposal.
1919: Renamed EXPANSE.
1920: Transferred to Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries, Lowestoft.
1920: Reverted to DAWN.
3.1.1920: Registered at Lowestoft (LT732).
16.7.1921: Lowestoft registry closed “At request of Admiralty”.
1922: Sold to Thomas W. Dixon, Whitehaven & John Shippen, Peel, IoM (Thomas W. Dixon, managing owner). Renamed JANE WRIGHT (PL97).
1927: Sold to Victorian Fisheries Co Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Vic (Thomas McDowell, manager).
8.1927: Sailed Fleetwood for Melbourne.
1927: Sold to Charles Caminiti (C. Cam & Sons), Sydney, NSW.
15.11.1927: Peel registry closed.
11.1927: Registered at Sydney, NSW as CAMRO (??).
1933: Laid up at Sydney.
1934: Company reconstituted as C. Cam & Sons Ltd, Sydney, NSW.
22.3.1939: Scuttled in the ‘Disposal Area’ off Sydney, NSW after removal of non ferrous metals and other re-usable parts.
24/12/2008: Page published. 2 updates since then.