Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 110872
Yard Number: 81
Gross Tonnage: 153.08
Net Tonnage: 44.31
Length: 101.0 ft
Breadth: 20.5 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
19??: Rebuilt 114.5 x 24.2 x 10.7 feet 143g 50n
Built: Wood, Skinner & Co Ltd, Bill Quay-on-Tyne, Newcastle
Engine: 300ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by N.E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
10.2.1899: Launched by Wood, Skinner & Co Ltd, Bill Quay-on-Tyne, Newcastle (Yd.No.81) for Ellis, Spence & Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as GILDEROY.
2.3.1899: Going up River Tyne in NW gale went ashore at Bill Point. Refloated, no damage.
23.3.1899: Registered at Grimsby (GY1120).
23.3.1899: William Ellis appointed manager.
27.3.1899: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Lincoln & Lindsey Banking Company Ltd, Lincoln (A).
12.4.1904: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to John Ellis, Grimsby for the sum of £500 with interest at 5% (B).
10.5.1912: Mortgage (B) discharged.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 61.07net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
7.5.1914: Escorted into Cuxhaven by German fishery protection ship SMS ZIETEN (1170 tonnes disp/1875) for alleged fishing in German territorial waters.
16.10.1914: Sold by order of the mortgagee under mortgage (A) to William Ellis (64/64), Grimsby.
16.10.1914: William Ellis appointed manager.
16.10.1914: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (C).
12.6.1916: Mortgage (C) discharged.
19.6.1916: Sold to Aldersyde Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
19.6.1916: Edwin Beacock appointed manager.
19.6.1916: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The National Provincial Bank of England Ltd, London (D).
29.5.1917: Requisitioned for Fishery Reserve.
8.4.1918: Mortgagee re-styled National Provincial & Union Bank of England Ltd, London.
30.9.1918: Sold to Ernest Taylor & Noah Ashworth, Fleetwood (64/64 joint owners).
4.10.1918: Mortgage (D) discharged.
4.10.1918: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London Joint City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (E).
5.10.1918: Joseph Allen Taylor appointed manager.
18.7.1919: Grimsby registry closed.
20.7.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD332).
11.1919: Mortgage (E) discharged.
1919: Sold to N.V. Maasluische Stoom-Haring & Beugvissch, Maasluis (Belgian principals – sale BoT approved).
19.11.1919: Fleetwood registry closed.
11.1919: Renamed BURGOMEESTER MAX.
FATE: Post 1925 – Pre 1926.
21/12/2008: Page published. 4 updates since then.
01/09/2015: Information updated.
22/06/2016: Minor information update.
08/11/2020: Updated history.