Official Number: 105527
Yard Number: 392
Gross Tonnage: 137
Net Tonnage: 55
Length: 100 ft
Breadth: 20.4 ft
Depth: 10.6 ft
Sir Raylton Dixon & Co, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by North Eastern Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
2.9.1895: Launched by Sir Raylton Dixon & Co, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.392) for William H. Johnson, Grimsby (managing owner) as Glenroy.
24.9.1895: Registered at Grimsby (GY817).
1896: Sold to John O. Spence, Grimsby (managing owner).
1899: Sold to Ellis, Spence & Co, Grimsby (William Ellis, manager).
7.1913: Sold to William Ellis, Grimsby (managing owner).
1914: New boiler fitted.
19.12.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.595).
9.1918: Sold to James Coombes, Grimsby (managing owner). Based Egypt.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
9.1925: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Grimsby (Fred Parkes, Blackpool, manager).
By 6.1926: Registered office established at Fleetwood.
8.1928: Sold to Daniel Thorpe, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (managing owner).
15.8.1928: Grimsby registry closed.
16.8.1928: Registered at Lowestoft (LT400).
1930: Sold to Henry Thrower, Lowestoft (William Hutchings, manager).
1930s: Seasonal trawling from Fleetwood (John V. Breach managing agent).
1932: Sold to Sidney A. Loose, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft (managing owner).
1935-36: Trawling from Fleetwood (John V. Breach managing agent).
3.1936: Joseph Robert Searles appointed manager.
2.4.1936: Last landing at Fleetwood, 78 boxes £125 gross. Laid up.
4.1936: Sold to Thos. W. Ward Ltd, Sheffield for breaking up at Preston.
20.4.1936: Sailed Fleetwood for Preston.
8.9.1936: Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
21/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
17/03/2018: Removed FMHT watermark from image.
18/11/2020: Updated history.