Official Number: 108533
Yard Number: 555
Gross Tonnage: 144
Net Tonnage: 44
Length: 106 ft
Breadth: 20 ft
Depth: 11 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl (300 IHP) and boiler by N. E. Marine Engineering Co Ltd, Sunderland
Built: Edward Bros, North Shields
15.7.1897: Launched by Edwards Bros, North Shields (Yd.No.555) for Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd, Manchester as GULL.
4.9.1897: Registered at Fleetwood (FD177).
7.9.1897: John E. A. Kelsall & George Beeching, Fleetwood appointed managers.
24.3.1899: Fleetwood registry closed. Transferred to Hull.
13.4.1899: Registered at Hull (H241).
22.10.1904: The Dogger Bank Incident. Shelled and damaged by Russian Navy Baltic Fleet while fishing on the Dogger Bank. Russians on passage to the Pacific in the darkness opened fire on the trawlers (approx 45 vessels) under the impression that they were about to be attacked.
8.9.1911: Registered office transferred to Hull (George Beeching, Hull & John E. A. Kelsall, London, managers).
31.10.1912: At Goole lengthened to 118.2 ft . Re-measured 166g 69n.
31.10.1912: Hull registry closed and vessel registered anew in consequence of material alterations (H241).
10.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.409). Based Peterhead with Unit 41.
1.11.1915: Based Longhope with Unit 41.
9.1.1916: Based Malta with Unit 41.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
7.6.1919: John Slater, London appointed manager.
12.1922: Lost after collision in North Sea.
13.6.1923: Hull registry closed “Total Loss”.
21/12/2008: Page published. 3 updates since then.
17/01/2021: Added image.