Official Number: 68626
Gross Tonnage: 34.91
Net tonnage : 24
Length: 56.9 ft
Breadth: 16.1 ft
Depth: 7.95 ft
Rig: Jigger Smack – trawling, drifting & lining
Built: Peter Rawstrone, Freckleton
4.2.1873: Launched by Peter Rawstrone, Freckleton for Nicholas Leadbetter, Fleetwood & others as Amethyst.
16.8.1873: Registered at Fleetwood (FD107).
4.11.1875: At Whitehaven in company with SPRAY (FD147?)) refused to pay harbour dues and attempted to leave the harbour although the tug was moored across the harbour to prevent them leaving. Hit the tug smashing her boat and cut her lines forward with an axe. Boarded by harbour master and mainsails confiscated.
6.11.1875: Skippers attended at the office of the solicitors to the Harbour Trustees and consented to pay all dues, damages and costs. Sails returned and allowed to sail.
1881: Census at Fleetwood – Thomas Thomason (39), b-Fleetwood, master; John Ainsworth (40), b-Preesall, AB; William Abram (32), b-Banks, AB; Thomas Leadbetter (17), b-Fleetwood, AB; James Wright (16), b-Southport, cook. 26.11.1889: Sold to Nicholas Leadbetter, Fleetwood & others.
3.9.1908: Sold to Walter Daniel Cowman & William Cowman, 15 King St, Whitehaven.
4.9.1908: Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Whitehaven (1/1908).
1.1.1920: Owned by Walter Daniel Cowman, 15 King Street, Whitehaven (managing owner).
Pre 1924: Sold to David J. Drysdale, Cloughey, Co. Down (managing owner). Her remains lay for many years in Castleward Bay, Strangford Lough just below Castle Ward, the seat of Lord and Lady Bangor, and there may still be some pieces remaining.
14.1.1924: Whitehaven registry closed.
05/01/2009: Page published.
24/10/2014: Information updated.
05/07/2016: Information updated.
25/11/2018: Information updated.