Official Number: 99278
Net tonnage: 51
Built: Samuel Dewdney & Sons, Brixham
1892: Completed by Samuel Dewdney & Sons, Brixham for Samuel Blackmore, 44 Thorncastle St, Ringsend, Dublin as IRENE.
13.4.1892: Registered at Dublin (D??).
1916: Sold to Edward S. Kirkham, 9 Addison Road West, Preston (managing owner).
6.1916: Dublin registry closed.
22.6.1916: Registered at Fleetwood (FD281).
1920: Sold to S. P. Moxey & F. A. Hanby, Lowestoft.
30.4.1920: Fleetwood registry closed.
4.5.1920: Registered at Lowestoft (LT976).
1923: Sold to Arthur B. Cullen, 41 High Street, Lowestoft (managing owner).
9.1.1924: Inward to Lowestoft from fishing grounds in strong NE wind and rough seas, struck South Pier and grounded. Attended by Lowestoft lifeboat, AGNES CROSS and five crew and cat rescued.
27.6.1925: At noon outward for fishing grounds in strong NE winds and heavy seas. North of piers, missed stays and thrown on to North Beach, Lowestoft.
By 3.00 pm. rolling heavily with seas breaking onboard. Lowestoft lifeboat AGNES CROSS attended but had to lay off in deeper water. At 4.00 pm. vessel filled and crew of four taken off by lifeboat.
1925: Vessel salved.
8.4.1926: Lowestoft registry closed. “Total Loss”.
1926: Sold for demolition.
05/01/2009: Page published.