Additional information courtesy of David Slinger
Official Number: 139201
Yard Number: 412
Gross Tonnage: 230
Net Tonnage: 90
Length: 123.8 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 11.8 ft
Built: J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen
Engine: T.3-cyl by Lidgerwood Ltd, Coatbridge
1915: Launched by J. Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co, Aberdeen (Yd. No.412) for The New Docks Steam Trawling Co (Fleetwood) Ltd, Fleetwood as OSTA.
5.1915: Completed. Joseph A. Taylor & Ernest Tomlinson designated managers.
31.5.1915: Registered at Fleetwood (FD106).
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out for minelaying (1-6pdr HA)(Ad.No.1591).
1917: Fitted out as a minesweeper. Based Milford Haven.
12.3.1919: Waiting instructions whether required for Post-War Service (SS).
1920: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
1924: William W. Brierley designated manager.
29.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.737) (Hire rate £63.5.0d/month).
1940: Sold to The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood.
8.1943: Employed as a barrage balloon towing vessel.
11.1944: Returned to owner.
29.6.1956: Boston Deep Sea Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood took over The Clifton Steam Trawlers Ltd.
27.7.1956: Sold to Fern Leaf Co Ltd, Fleetwood. William Newton designated manager.
1957: Hewett Vessels Management Ltd managers.
28.5.1959: Transferred to Sun Trawlers, Fleetwood (Hewett Vessels Management Ltd, managers).
27.6.1960: Last landing at Fleetwood, 13 days £946 gross. Laid up.
9.1960: Sold to Hammond Lane Foundry Ltd, Dublin for breaking up.
25.10.1960: Sailed Fleetwood for Dublin under own power.
1961: Breaking up completed.
Click to enlarge images
19/01/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
18/09/2020: History updated.