Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 138974
Yard Number: 345
Gross Tonnage: 295
Net Tonnage: 114
Length: 130.2 ft
Breadth: 23 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: 540ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley
Speed: 9.5 knots
22.4.1916: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.345) for The Standard Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as SETHON.
28.6.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY928).
28.6.1916: Walter William Butt appointed manager.
16.10.1916: Completed. Walter W. Butt appointed manager.
10.1916: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA, 1-7.5” A/S Howitzer) (Ad.No.3310). Northern Patrol
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby.
26.8.1926: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
8.4.1938: Bill Butt appointed manager.
28.6.1938: Albert Wright Butt appointed manager.
5.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as an auxiliary patrol vessel (Hire rate £83.11.8d/month).
5.1941: Fitted out as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.883).
1.12.1941: Mortgage (A) discharged.
14.1.1942: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull (temporary address, 231 Dock St, Fleetwood).
22.1.1942: Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager).
9.1945: Restored and surveyed at Glasgow.
2.10.1945: Returned to owner.
3.12.1945: Sold to Mason Trawlers Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood.
10.12.1945: Robert Houseman Bagshaw appointed manager.
18.1.1946: Grimsby registry closed.
1.1946: Registered at Fleetwood (FD166).
1.3.1957: Sailed Fleetwood for West of Scotland grounds (Sk. J.E. Mitchinson); thirteen crew.
2.3.1957: In the early morning in transit through the Sound of Islay with hazy conditions and a strong tide running, stranded on Black Rock. Crew taken off by Port Askaig lifeboat and landed at Port Askaig. Attended by FLANDERS (FD165)(Sk. T.W. Kirby MBE), connected but tow parted.
3.3.1957: Further attempt to refloat failed.
5.3.1957: Commenced lightening, removing ice and coal.
16.3.1957: Refloated under own power.
18.3.1957: Returned to Fleetwood.
19.3.1957: Slipped. Bottom plating set up and leaking. Repairs could not be effected due to strike at Robertson’s.
4.1957: Repaired and returned to service.
5.1958: Grounded on wreck of HMS Drake in Church Bay, Rathlin Island. Came off with Portrush lifeboat standing by.
1959: Sold to Scrappingco S.r.l, Antwerp for breaking up.
16.7.1959: Sailed Fleetwood for Boom.
7.1959: Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
14/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.