Official Number: 128741
Yard Number: 386
Gross Tonnage: 222
Net Tonnage: 85
Length: 120.5 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co, North Shields
Engine: T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: David Rowan & Co, Glasgow
9.9.1908: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, North Shields (Yd.No.386) for Neyland Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd, Neyland as SLEBECH.
9.11.1908: Registered at Milford (M229). Alexander Scott, Llanstadwell designated manager.
5.1915: Requisitioned for war service, Commissioned at Milford. (Ad.No.1758). At Devonport fitted with 1-3pdr and mine-sweep. i.a.w. Area XIV Patrol Orders dated 30.3.1915: Allocated to Relieving Unit (to take the place of trawlers when refitting) based Penzance (Sk. F. Dyer).
26.12.1915-1.1.1916: Refit at Penzance.
10.1916: Allocated Unit No.61 – Section A 1st Division based Penzance (Sk. W. Maunder RNR).
27.8.1918: David G. Jones designated manager.
1.10.1918: At Penzance for General Patrol and Escort work.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Neyland.
14.2.1919: Sold to Jonathan Uttley, Fleetwood.
7.3.1919: Milford registry closed.
8.3.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD74). Joseph A. Taylor designated manager.
4.1921: Sold to Joseph S. Pettit, Milford Haven (managing owner).
30.4.1921: Fleetwood registry closed.
10.5.1921: Registered at Milford (M199).
1923: Sold to Hakin Steam Trawling Co, Milford Haven (Joseph S. Pettit; Frederick Steer; Horace S. Fiddy, Milford Haven & Joseph B.B. Huddlestone, Hakin) (Joseph S. Pettit, manager).
1927: J. B. B. Huddleston appointed manager.
23.3.1929: At Galway District Court, Sk. Frederick Jack Simmons was fined £5 with £15 costs for fishing in prohibited waters between Hag’s Head, Co. Clare and N of Aran Isles in Galway Bay on 20.3.1929 when apprehended by Free State ((CMS) patrol boat MUIRCHÚ (323 tons disp/1908) (Cdr. Thompson). Also convicted of the same offence was Sk. Henry Gue of the steam trawler PNINEAS BEARD (LO283).
28.12.1931: Whilst fishing 15 miles S by W of Galley Head sustained rudder damage. Contacted steam trawler GORDON RICHARDS (M217) (Sk. by radio telephone. At 1.30 pm GORDON RICHARDS connected and at 2.00 pm. commenced tow to Milford.
29.12.1931: At 10.10 am. delivered Milford.
18.9.1932: Arrived Ferrol with port furnace cracked.
24.9.1932: Repairs completed sailed for Milford.
15.3.1937: Sold to Westward Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (Edgar E. Carter, Milford Haven & Richard S. Bowen, Port Talbot). Edgar. E. Carter designated manager.
16/17.1.1938: In hurricane force winds and heavy seas lost wheelhouse (Sk. W. Faull, E. Harding, Mate and deckhand W. Davies escaped with minor injuries).
7.12.1939: Requisitioned for war service and appointed for minesweeping duties (Hire rate £55.10.0d/month).
23.2.1940: Requisitioned for war service and appointed for minesweeping duties.
2.11.1941: On Irish grounds (Sk. Harry L. Thompson). About 12 miles off Old Head of Kinsale picked up crew of CALIPH (M234) which foundered after being bombed by German aircraft.
6.1942: Sk. Thompson, Hakin awarded MBE for bravery in rescuing crew of CALIPH.
15.3.1943: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out as a fuel carrier (Esso) (P.No.Y7.28).
1.1944: Fitted out as a water carrier.
21.1.1946: Returned after survey and restoration at Milford Haven.
1959: Sold for breaking up.
21.3.1960: Milford registry closed, breaking up completed.
05/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
03/08/2021: Updated history.