Additional information courtesy of David Slinger
Official Number: 180469
Yard Number: 758
Gross Tonnage: 361
Net Tonnage: 138
Length: 136.1 ft
Breadth: 25.2 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Engine: 600ihp T.3-cyl by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley, 1945
21.11.1945: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.758) for Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull as St. BOTOLPH.
22.1.1946: Completed. Registered at Hull (H188). Basil Arthur Parkes designated manager.
1946: Sold to Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff. Hull registry closed. Registered at Cardiff (CF8).
4.4.1949: Outward for the fishing grounds (Sk. Rymer). In heavy seas off Barra responded to distress rockets from Icelandic fish carrier ELDBORG (280grt/1928) bound Fleetwood disabled with engine damage. Connected and commenced 250 mile tow to Fleetwood.
5.4.1949: Delivered Fleetwood, ELDBORG landed 2,900 kits.
5.1956: Neale & West Ltd closed their Cardiff base citing high coal prices, unruly crews and Spanish over-fishing; vessels for sale.
5.1956: Five vessels bought en bloc by Fred Parkes, Blackpool – AKITA (CF4), CHAFFCOMBE (CF18), OKU (CF3), SASEBO (CF27) and St. BOTOLPH (CF8).
6.1956: Sold to St. Christopher Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Cardiff registry closed.
11.1956: Converted for burning oil fuel, F.P. above 150° F.
20.6.1956: Registered at Fleetwood (FD31). Fred Parkes, Blackpool, designated manager.
20.3.1963: Laid up in Glasson Dock.
9.1963: Sold to Lacmots Ltd, Glasson Dock for breaking up.
11.11.1963: Breaking up commenced. Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
24/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.
14/03/2017: Added image and removed disputed image.
05/07/2020: Updated information and added an image.