Official Number: 148292
Yard Number: 829
Gross Tonnage: 301
Net Tonnage: 113
Length: 130.0 ft
Breadth: 24.0 ft
Depth: 12.8 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
3.2.1927: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.829) for Neale & West Ltd, Cardiff as KUNISHI.
4.1927: Launched. Registered at Cardiff (CF20).
8.1939: Sold to The Admiralty and fitted out for minesweeping duties (P.No.FY.692).
8.1939: Cardiff registry closed.
1.1946: Sold to Saint Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Basil A. Parkes,Cleveleys, manager).
20.2.1946: In heavy seas and NW gale ran aground on Pilling Sands on passage to Glasson Dock for docking and restoration. Attended by Barrow lifeboat N.T. but could not approach due to depth of water. Fleetwood lifeboat ANN LETITIA RUSSELL (Cox J. Wright) was launched after clearing slipway of shingle and on the flood took off the ten man crew. Subsequently refloated and proceeded to Glasson Dock.
4.1946: Re-classed at Glasson Dock and registered at Fleetwood as St. PHILIP (FD199).
16.4.1955: Sold to Jacques Bakker & Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
21.4.1955: Delivered Bruges.
1955: Fleetwood registry closed.
Click to enlarge images
16/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then.
17/01/2018: Removed FMHT watermark and added an image.
26/07/2021: Added news clipping.
19/06/2022: Added an image.