S.T. Tanager LO250

Additional information courtesy of Lynne Elvin and Hull Trawlers

Technical

Official Number: 129285
Yard Number: 134
Completed: 1910
Gross Tonnage: 192.31
Net Tonnage: 71.74
Length: 110.1 ft
Breadth: 21.6 ft
Depth: 11.9 ft
Built: Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole
Engine: 300ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Hull

History

6.8.1910: Launched by Goole Shipbuilding & Repairing Co Ltd, Goole (Yd.No.134) for Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd (64/64), Hull as TANAGER.
9.1910: Completed.
6.9.1910: Registered at Hull (H134). George Beeching, Hull & John E. A. Kelsall, London designated managers. 29.12.1912: In the North Sea off the Dogger Bank with the boxing fleet. With other trawlers responded following the foundering of steam trawler BRITANNIC (H447) after being run into amidships by steam trawler BUZZARD (H971). Picked up one survivor and transferred him to BUZZARD which suffered only minor damage to her fore end.
11.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.386).
1918: Based Aegean Sea.
12.3.1919: Waiting instructions whether required for Post-War Service (SS).
1919: Returned to owner at Hull.
7.6.1919: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The London County Westminster & Parr’s Bank Ltd, London (A). John Slater, London designated manager.
6.3.1923: Mortgagee re-styled as Westminster Bank Ltd, London.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to William Augustus Hayward, Eastbourne.
14.10.1927: Mortgage (A) transferred to Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd, London.
28.9.1928: Robert Burton designated manager.
16.9.1932: Charles Hugh Emerson designated manager.
10.1932: Mercantile Marine Finance Corporation Ltd in liquidation.
1.11.1932: Mortgage (A) transferred to Harold Frank Hayward, London; Maud Florence Katherine Rogers, Chelsea and Ernest Norton, London (joint mortgagees).
3.1936: Combined boxing and trawling fleet of Kelsall Bros. & Beeching Ltd and the Hull Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd consisting of 59 vessels laid up at Hull (declining catches, coal bill and increased maintenance costs had made the venture uneconomical).
6.3.1936: At Extraordinary General Meeting at Hull, Kelsall Brothers & Beeching Ltd placed in Creditors’ Voluntary Winding-up (Richard Field Helm of Messrs Hodgson Harris & Co, London appointed liquidators).
16.12.1936: Sold by order of the mortgagees under mortgage (A) to Plymouth Mutual Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Plymouth.
21.12.1936: Arrived Plymouth in company with WARBLER (H 507).
22.12.1936: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Harold Frank Hayward, London; Maud Florence Katherine Rogers, Corfe Castle and Ernest Norton, London (joint mortgagees) for £400 with interest at 5% (B).
5.1.1937: John Chant, Plymstock designated manager.
18.11.1937: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to William John Waldron Modley, D. Lester and Richard Edward Stephen Morris, Plymouth (joint mortgagees)(C).
5.1938: Sold to Torbay Trawlers Ltd, Brixham. Arthur E. R. Dexter designated manager.
(1939)1940: Sold to R. H. Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood.
16.4.1940: Hull registry closed.
17.4.1940: Registered at London (LO250). Robert H. Hewett designated manager.
194?: Fishing on the Kish Bank, damaged by German aircraft and taking water; repaired at Fleetwood.
3.1945: Sold to R. G. Parsley, Milford Haven. R. G. Parsley designated managing owner.
23.3.1945: First landing at Milford.
10.1955: Sold to Jacques Bakker en Zonen, Bruges for breaking up.
14.10.1955: Delivered Bruges. London registry closed.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Tanager LO250

S.T. Tanager LO250
Picture courtesy of Trawlerphotos

S.T. Tanager LO250

S.T. Tanager LO250
Picture courtesy of Robert Durrant

Changelog
08/01/2009: Page published. 4 revisions since then.
18/09/2014: Modified credits.
03/02/2015: Added picture.
16/07/2017: Updated information and removed FMHT watermark.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!