S.T. Tenedos FD277

Additional information courtesy of Barry Johnson Milford Trawlers

Technical

Official Number: 139639
Yard Number: 412
Completed: 1919
Gross Tonnage: 290
Net Tonnage: 127
Length: 125.5 ft
Breadth: 23.5 ft
Depth: 11.6 ft
Engine: 480ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built: Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley

History

2.4.1919: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.412) (“Castle” class) for The Admiralty as DOMINICK ADDISON (Ad.No.4296).
18.11.1919: Completed as a fishing vessel.
21.11.1919: Sold to Tucker, Tippett & Co Ltd, Cardiff (James C. Tippett, manager).
21.11.1919: Registered at Cardiff as TENEDOS (CF64).
20.1.1923: First landing at Milford.
8.1928: Sold to Morgan Watkin Howells (16/64); James Frederick Gwyther (16/64); George Knight (16/64) and Harry Eastoe Rees (16/64), all Milford Haven. Harry Eastoe Rees designated managing owner.
7.1929: Cardiff registry closed.
30.7.1929: Registered at Milford (M24).
23.10.1933: Sold to Harry Eastoe Rees (64/64), Milford Haven Designated managing owner.
21.7.1939: Fishing on the West of Ireland grounds in company with several Swansea and Milford trawlers. At 7.07 pm Valentia WT Station received message via steam trawler CLYNE CASTLE (SA1), “Steam trawler NEATH CASTLE (SA65) struck Sybil Head (Co. Kerry), in sinking condition making for sandy beach in Blaskets Sound”. At 9.50 pm TENEDOS reported to Valentia WT Station that NEATH CASTLE had foundered and they had boat alongside. At 9.59 pm reported that all crew safe onboard.
28.8.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.517)(Hire rate £90.12.6d/month). Renamed GADFLY.
8.11.1945: Sold to John Charles Llewellin (17/65); Joseph Leslie Yolland (17/64); John Yolland Jnr (17/64), all Haverfordwest & Thomas S. Yolland, Swansea (John C. Llewelin, manager). 9.1945: Returned after survey and restoration at Milford Haven. Reverted to TENEDOS (M24).
1.1.1946: Messrs Yolland & Llewellin partnership dissolved.
15.1.1946: Sold to Joseph Leslie Yolland; Thomas Steward Yolland and John Yolland Jnr, all Milford Haven. John Yolland Jnr designated managing owner.
11.7.1946: Sold to Yolland Brothers Ltd (64/64), Milford Haven.
23.6.1948: Last landing at Milford.
8.7.1948: Sold to J. Marr & Son Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood for £13,132.
16.7.1948: Milford registry closed.
7.1948: Registered at Fleetwood (FD277).
11.1951: Sold to Japan Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby for £7,500.
11.1951: Fleetwood registry closed.
11.1951: Registered at Grimsby (GY195). Charles Taylor appointed manager.
2.1952: Registered at Grimsby as HONDO (GY195).
24.11.1960: Sold to Van den Bossche, Boom for breaking up.
(Dominick (aka Dominic) Addison, age 22, b. Toulon, France – ROYAL SOVEREIGN (SB307). 1847 – Awarded Naval General Service Medal for Battle of Trafalgar and capture of Java (1811). Lived to take his pension).
Click to enlarge images

S.T. Tenedos FD277

S.T. Tenedos FD277
Picture courtesy of The Fred Baker Collection

S.T. Gadfly

S.T. Gadfly
Picture courtesy of Peter Green

Changelog
08/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
19/02/2015: Updated information.
17/07/2017: Removed FMHT watermark.

Leave A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Hit Counter provided by criminal attorney Orange County
Fight Spam! Click Here!