S.T. Thornton FD41

Technical

Official Number: 122933
Yard Number: 259
Completed: 1905
Gross Tonnage: 225
Net Tonnage: 71
Length: 125.5 ft
Breadth: 21.9 ft
Depth: 8.8 ft
Engine:T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: A. & W. Dalglish, Pollokshaws, Glasgow
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen

History

3q1905: Launched by J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.259) for Louis Cohen, Norbreck; Ernest Heinrich Friedrich Louis Schottler, Norbreck; William Johnson, Sheffield; Percy Johnson, Sheffield & Walter Henry Dickenson, Fleetwood (64 shares) as THORNTON.
21.10.1905: Mortgaged to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London (A).
28.10.1905: Registered at Fleetwood (FD41), Fred Kelsall appointed manager.
10.1905: Completed.
2.12.1905: Sold to Norbreck Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (John C. Ball appointed manager).
7.12.1905: Mortgage (A) discharged.
8.12.1905: Mortgaged to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London (B).
2.12.1906: Louis Cohen appointed manager.
19.1.1909: Mortgaged to Samuel Meggitt Johnson JP, Sheffield for £350 @ 6% interest (C).
4.10.1909: Mortgage (C) discharged.
8.10.1910: James H. Marr appointed manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 91.60net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
20.5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an armed trawler (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.1764). Based Stromness.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven.
27.1.1919: Sold to John McR. Knight, Hakin & Morgan W. Howells, Milford Haven (John McR. Knight, manager).
21.2.1919: Fleetwood registry closed.
6.3.1919: Registered at Milford (M6).
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven.
1919: Sold to Mrs Emma Bishop (22/64), Haverfordwest; John Walters (21/64), Hakin; Evan Davies (7/64), Fishguard; David Morgan (7/64), Fishguard & Thomas G. Bishop (7/64), Goodwick. John H. Bishop appointed manager.
30.6.1921: Entering lock at Milford hit by IAGO (H963) amidships. At the Magistrates court at Milford , Robert Seaward, mate of IAGO fined £5 for breach of Dock Co’s bye-laws.
10.8.1923: Sold to David Morgan, John Walters, John Henry Bishop, Albert Phillip Bishop & Thomas G. Bishop, Milford Haven (joint owners), Milford Haven (John H. Bishop managing owner).
8.9.1925: In fine weather about 45 miles W1/2S from St. Ann’s Head, connected to steam trawler OCEANIC (M8) disabled with machinery damage. Delivered Milford.
23.4.1926: Reported that when on the fishing grounds (Sk. Rowlands) and shooting trawl in darkness, third hand William Riby was knocked overboard. Swam to forward warp and was rescued by mate.
1934: Laid up Milford.
19.12.1934: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes, manager).
11.2.1935: Sold Darwin & Mostyn Iron Co, Mostyn for breaking up.
14.2.1935: Milford registry closed “Broken up”.

Changelog
08/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.