Additional information courtesy of Milford Trawlers
Official Number: 122933
Yard Number: 259
Gross Tonnage: 225.12
Net Tonnage: 71.35
Length: 125.5 ft
Breadth: 21.9 ft
Depth: 8.8 ft
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Engine: 380ihp T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood, Coatbridge
Boiler: A. & W. Dalglish, Pollokshaws, Glasgow
3q1905: Launched by J. Duthie, Sons & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.259) for Louis Cohen, Norbreck; Ernest Heinrich Friedrich Louis Schottler, Norbreck; William Johnson, Sheffield; Percy Johnson, Sheffield & Walter Henry Dickenson, Fleetwood (joint owners 64/64) as THORNTON.
21.10.1905: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London (A).
28.10.1905: Registered at Fleetwood (FD41). Fred Kelsall designated manager.
2.12.1905: Sold to Norbreck Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. John C. Ball designated manager.
7.12.1905: Mortgage (A) discharged.
8.12.1905: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Williams Deacon’s Bank Ltd, London (B).
2.12.1906: Louis Cohen designated manager.
19.1.1909: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Samuel Meggitt Johnson JP, Sheffield for £350 @ 6% interest (C). 4.10.1909: Mortgage (C) discharged.
4.10.1909: Vessel mortgage (64/64) to J.Marr & Son Ltd, Fleetwood (D).
8.10.1910: James Herbert Marr designated manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 91.60net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
20.5.1915: Requisitioned for war service as an armed trawler (1-6pdr) (Ad.No.1764). Based Stromness.
27.1.1919: Sold to John McR. Knight, Hakin & Morgan W. Howells, Milford Haven (joint owners 64/64).
21.2.1919: Fleetwood registry closed.
6.3.1919: Registered at Milford (M6). John McR. Knight designated managing owner.
By 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Milford Haven.
19.3.1919: Sold to Mrs Emma Bishop (22/64), Haverfordwest; John Walters (21/64), Hakin; Evan Davies (7/64), Fishguard; David Morgan (7/64), Fishguard & Thomas G. Bishop (7/64), Goodwick. John Henry Bishop designated manager.
30.6.1921: Entering lock at Milford hit by IAGO (H963) amidships. At the Magistrates court at Milford , Robert Seaward, mate of IAGO fined £5 for breach of Dock Co’s bye-laws.
1922: Emma Bishop died.
10.8.1923: Sold to David Morgan, John Walters, John Henry Bishop, Albert Phillip Bishop & Thomas G. Bishop, Milford Haven (joint owners 64/64), Milford Haven. John Henry Bishop designated managing owner.
8.9.1925: In fine weather about 45 miles W1/2S from St. Ann’s Head, connected to steam trawler OCEANIC (M8) disabled with LP cylinder head valve cover blown out. Delivered Milford later that day.
28.11.1925: Arrived Milford from fishing grounds with skipper, Charles Thomas, suffering from injuries sustained when off the Irish Coast. When shooting the trawl he left the wheelhouse to check the gear when a big sea caused the vessel to lurch and he was thrown onto the engine room casing and against the steering chain. He was taken home and examined by a doctor, no bones broken but suspected damaged internally.
23.4.1926: Reported that when on the fishing grounds (Sk. Rowlands) and shooting trawl in darkness, third hand William Riby was knocked overboard. Swam to forward warp and was rescued by mate.
1934: Laid up Milford.
19.12.1934: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys, designated manager.
11.2.1935: Sold to Darwin & Mostyn Iron Co Ltd, Mostyn for breaking up.
14.2.1935: Milford registry closed “Broken up”.
08/01/2009: Page published. 6 updates since then.
23/01/2020: Updated information.