Additional information courtesy of John McLaughlin
Official Number: 130204
Yard Number: 524
Gross Tonnage: 205
Net Tonnage: 79
Length: 117.3 ft
Breadth: 22 ft
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
20.1.1913: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.524) for The Peterhead Trawling Co Ltd, Aberdeen as UGIEBANK.
1.1913: Completed. James G. Adam, Aberdeen designated manager.
1.2.1913: Registered at Peterhead (PD85).
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence trawler.
1919: Returned to owner.
1927: Sold to James. G. Adam, Aberdeen. James. G. Adam designated managing owner.
1928: Sold to Richard Irvin & Sons Ltd, North Shields. Sir John Irvin KCB, Aberdeen designated manager.
10.3.1932: Mate William Octavius Ross died in the local infirmary at North Shields having been struck on the head several days previously whilst on a North Sea trip.
25.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service and designated for minesweeping but employed on auxiliary patrol duties (P.No.4.430)(Hire rate £52.19.2d/month).
8.2.1940: Returned to owner.
14.3.1941: Sold to Active Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood. Geoffrey Edwards Marr, Cleveleys designated manager.
1941: Sold to J. Bennett (Wholesale) Ltd, London. William A. Bennett designated manager. Fishing out of Fleetwood. Defensively armed (1-Lewis, 1-machine, 1-Ross rifle).
2.3.1943: Entered Lough Swilly for examination and reported loss of deckhand William Green (19), 6 Devon Avenue, Fleetwood who fell overboard 9 miles NW of Tory Island. Sailed on completion.
28.4.1943: Typical wartime landing, Home Waters – 164 kits – hake15, cod/codling-13, haddock-4, whiting-39, flats-2, ling/coley-79, roker-3, gurnard-8, dogs-1.
30.3.1944: Requisitioned for war service and fitted out as a smoke making (Esso) trawler and assigned to Operation Neptune – Normandy landings.
6.1944: Held in readyness at Aberdeen.
3.7.1944: Operation Neptune ended.
11.1945: Sold to A. G. Hamer, Grimsby.
11.1946: Peterhead registry closed.
11.1946: Registered at Grimsby (GY393). A. G. Hamer designated managing owner.
12.1948: Sold to Associated Trawlers (Gt. Yarmouth) Ltd, Gt. Yarmouth. Fishing from Gt. Yarmouth.
8.1951: Sold to John Cameron, Peterhead for breaking up.
8.1951: Grimsby registry closed.
1952: Breaking completed.
Click to enlarge images
08/01/2009: Page published. 7 updates since then.
22/02/2018: Information updated. Removed FMHT watermarks from images.