S.T. Vivo FD220

Technical

Official Number: 127563
Yard Number: 430
Completed: 1908
Gross Tonnage: 270
Net Tonnage: 103
Length: 130.0 ft
Breadth: 23.0
Depth: 12.2 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby, 1908

History

2.5.1908: Launched by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Yd.No.430) for The Mount Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood as VIVO.
7.8.1908: George E. J. Moody, Grimsby appointed manager.
11.8.1908: Registered at Fleetwood (FD220).
11.8.1908: Completed.
25.3.1909: Mortgaged to The London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
21.8.1910: Homeward from St. Kilda grounds entered thick fog bank in North Channel, ran ashore 31/2 miles NW of Mull of Galloway; eleven crew and two trippers took to boat, picked up by steam trawler NEW CROWN (GY369) and landed at Drummore.
11.1910: Declared a Total loss and attended by Liverpool & Glasgow Salvage Association’s steam derrick barge LADY KATE (135grt/1881) and much equipment and material salvaged.
7.11.1910: Fleetwood registry closed “Wrecked”.

Note: The remains of VIVO are close inshore approximately 500 metres south of Port Mona.

Changelog
08/01/2009: Page published. 4 updates since then/