Additional information courtesy of David Slinger
Official Number: 132402
Yard Number: 463
Gross Tonnage: 295
Net Tonnage: 115
Length: 130 ft
Breadth: 23 ft
Depth: 13.2 ft
Built: Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough
Engine: T.3-cyl by Shields Engineering Co Ltd, North Shields
14.2.1911: Launched by Smith’s Dock Co Ltd, South Bank-on-Tees, Middlesbrough (Yd.No.463) for The “Wyre” Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood as WYRE.
20.3.1911: Registered at Fleetwood (FD132). Richard C. Ward & John N. Ward & Son, Fleetwood appointed managers.
4.4.1911: At Fleetwood landed from first trip. 1912: John N. Ward appointed manager.
1912: Magnus B. J. Wedum appointed manager.
9.1.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr, Hydrophone) (Ad.No.962). Fitted as Sub-divisional leader.
15.4.1917: Employed on Southern Patrol.
1919: Returned to owner at Fleetwood.
13.6.1940: Requisitioned for war service as a boom defence vessel (P.No. Z.198)(Hire rate £73.15.0d/month). Cost of conversion £14,099.
16.7.1943: Sold to Northern Trawlers Ltd, London (William A. Bennett, manager).
23.11.1943: Compulsorily acquired by M.O.W.T.
10.1.1944: Fleetwood registry closed.
1944: Based at Fort William (D. MacBrayne Ltd, Glasgow, agents).
1947: Estimated cost of re-conditioning £7,500.
5.1947: Sold to George Murray, Aberdeen.
19.5.1947: Registered at Aberdeen as Eastburn (A351).
4.11.1947: Sold to Eastburn (Fishing) Ltd, Aberdeen (George Murray, manager).
5.11.1949: Fishing on Icelandic grounds in very heavy weather, Skipper and three crew members washed overboard.
1953: Sold for breaking up.
13.4.1953: Aberdeen registry closed “Vessel broken up”.
9.1.1915: Commissioned at Fleetwood.
14.1.1915: Arrived Devonport. Fitted with Hotchkiss 3pdr gun (No.252) and fitted out for minesweeping duties and with hydrophone (Ad.No.962). Fitted out as Sub-divisional Leader.
30.3.1915: Allocated Unit 63 – No.1 Patrol (Sub Lieut J. H. Bartlett RNR) based Dartmouth.
4.1915: Re-appointed Unit 63 – Division C based Plymouth (Sub Lieut J. H. Bartlett RNR).
By 10.1916: Based Devonport (Lieut. H. Scott RNR).
15.4.1917: Southern Patrol Temporary Div.II.
1919: Port for landing Stores, Armament and Moveable Fittings – Portland. Port for Demobilising Personnel – Fleetwood.
1919: Returned to owners at Fleetwood.
Click to enlarge image
21/01/2009: Page published. 5 updates since then.
04/02/2016: Minor information update.
06/10/2017: Removed FMHT watermark from image.