Official Number: 171318
Yard Number: 700
Gross Tonnage: 928
Net Tonnage: 363
Length: 191.5 ft
Breadth: 31.1 ft
Depth: 15.9 ft
Engine: T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Built: Hall Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
1.11.1929: Launched by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Yd.No.700) for Soc. Anon. Pêcheries de Fécamp, Fécamp as JOSEPH DUHAMEL.
12.1929: Completed. Registered at Fécamp (F708).
23.2.1940: Sailed for Newfoundland fishery, subsequently based and landing into Saint-Pierrre.
29.6.1940: Fleet confined to port in Saint-Pierre.
15.12.1940: Ordered to sail for Casablanca.
26.12.1940: On passage to Casablanca (45 crew, 7 passengers), stopped by Ocean Boarding Vessel MARON (P.No.F.87) in position 34.30N 15.22W. Armed boarding party (Lt. Geoffrey Hobday RNR) placed on board and ordered to Gibraltar.
29.12.1940: Arrived Gibraltar. Seized by The Admiralty on behalf of French Administration, London.
17.1.1941: Offer to repatriate crew to Marseilles; twenty-two crew members volunteered to join the RN (as Free French).
1.1941: Proceeded to Hull via Belfast and Fleetwood. Requisitioned and transferred to ownership of MOWT (Hellyer Bros Ltd, Hull, managers). Fitted with 1-75mm, 1-20mm and 30mm AA armament. Employed as cargo/ fish carrier UK – Iceland. Free French Naval Force (FNFL) crew.
3.1941: Examined and assigned a loadline (1200dw). Employed coasting.
12.6.1941: Registered at Hull (H99).
30.6.1941: Returned to cargo/fish carrying UK-Iceland.
9.1944: Transferred to French Administration, London.
29.9.1944: Fitting out for return to fishing. Based at Fleetwood under management of Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
11.1944: Sailed Fleetwood for Icelandic grounds (Sk. André Lecoeur).
28.11.1944: First landing at Fleetwood.
12.1944: Transferred to Hull.
End 6.1945: Demobilised and returned to owners, Soc. Anon. Pêcheries de Fécamp, Fécamp.
11.7.1945: Hull registry closed. Registered at Fécamp (F708).
7.1945: Not practicable to use the port of Fécamp.
13.7.1945: Returned to Le Havre. Landed armament.
22.8.1945: Completion of fit-out for fishing at Newfoundland.
25.8.1945: Sailed on first trip to Newfoundland Banks.
11.1950: Awarded the Croix de Geurre for War Service. Painted on funnel between red bands.
1951: Laid up.
1.1953: Sold for breaking up at Le Havre.
Click to enlarge images
16/06/2009: Page published. 3 updates since then.
05/03/2017: Image added.