Official Number: 106780
Yard Number: 159
Gross Tonnage: 165.13
Net Tonnage: 51.50
Length: 104.2 ft
Breadth: 21.0 ft
Depth: 10.7 ft
Built: Mackie & Thomson, Govan
Engine: 300ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
6.7.1897: Launched by Mackie & Thomson, Govan (Yd.No.159) for The Great Northern Steamship Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull as ETON.
10.11.1897: Registered at Hull (H380).
10.11.1897: James Leyman designated manager.
15.11.1897: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to William Arbuckle Mackie & Robert Henry Grayham Thomson, Govan, Glasgow (joint mortgagees)(A).
20.9.1898: Mortgage (A) discharged.
2.10.1898: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to George Hall & Edwin Frederick Wiley, both Grimsby (joint mortgagees) for the sum of £8,000 and account current both with interest at 41/2% (B).
12.9.1903: William Richard Nowell designated manager.
1.7.1905: Mortgage (B) discharged.
1909: Part deck renewed.
10.3.1913: Fred Smith designated manager.
1.1.1914: Tonnage altered to 64.09 net under provision of Merchant Shipping Act 1907.
11.11.1914: Sold to S. Pearson & Son Ltd (64/64), Westminster, London.
17.11.1914: John Hutcheson Macdonald, Westminster, London appointed manager.
9.1915: Requisitioned for war service with boom defence service (1-6pdr).
12.7.1916: Sold to The Admiralty.
21.11.1916: Hull registry closed.
1919: Employed on wreck removal/dispersal.
1920: Alteration of tonnage and other particulars on re-classification as a steam trawler. Remeasured 156.48g 58.81n.
3.9.1920: Advertised for sale by tender, lying at Inverkeithing.
16.9.1920: Sold to William Brown, Leith.
29.10.1920: Registered at Granton (GN88). William Brown designated managing owner.
5.7.1921: At Cupar Sheriff Court, Sk. Seaton Hall was convicted of illegal fishing off May Island, Firth of Forth in April and fined £25.
14.9.1922: Stranded inside Pladda Island, Firth of Clyde.
15.9.1922: Tug connected but failed to refloat.
16.9.1922: Refloated with tug assistance.
15.3.1925: On the fishing grounds, George Lyle, trimmer died after being crushed.
1928: Sold to Charles Horne, Port Seton. Charles Horne designated managing owner.
1939: Sold to Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd (64/64), Fleetwood. Basil Arthur Parkes Designated manager.
12.1939: Sold to North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Aberdeen.
2.1940: Granton registry closed.
17.2.1940: Registered at Aberdeen (A100). John A. Harrow designated manager.
13.7.1943: Sold to Eton Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Hull.
1943: Fishing out of Hull and Fleetwood.
24.7.1943: Typical landing at Fleetwood. 252 kits – hake-150, cod/codling-15, whiting-3, flats-10, ling/coley-21, roker-11, gurnard-4, dogs-8.
1943: At Hull landed from North Sea – 16 trips, 7,009 kits.
24.3.1944: Aberdeen registry closed.
28.3.1944: Registered at Hull (H380).
28.3.1944: John Walter Rose appointed manager.
20.4.1944: At Hull landed a 6ft Royal sturgeon weighing over seven stone, the first in Hull for ten years. Accepted by the King and despatched to Buckingham Palace.
18.12.1944: Sold to Louis Isaacs (32/64) and Leslie Little (32/64), both Grimsby.
29.12.1944: Joseph Reynolds Cobley designated manager.
29.12.1944: Hull registry closed.
2.1.1945: Registered at Grimsby (GY22).
28.2.1945: Sold to Anglo Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
3.3.1945: Joseph Reynolds Cobley designated manager.
18.5.1945: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (C).
20.10.1949: Leslie Little designated manager.
9.1952: Sold by order of the mortgagee in possession under mortgage (C) to BISCO and allocated to C. W. Dorkin & Co Ltd, Gateshead for breaking up.
24.9.1952: Arrived River Tyne.
1.12.1952: Grimsby registry closed “ … on sale of vessel by mortgagees in possession for breaking up. “
09/06/2010: Page published. 4 updates since then.
23/07/2020: Updated information.