In Parkes ownership. Did not fish from Fleetwood
Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Official Number: 99190
Yard Number: 50
Gross Tonnage: 145.55
Net Tonnage: 69.72
Length: 97.2 ft
Breadth: 21.0 ft
Depth: 11.0 feet
Built: Cochrane, Hamilton, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley
Engine: 250ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
22.8.1891: Launched by Cochrane, Hamilton, Cooper & Schofield, Beverley (Yd.No.50) for The North Eastern Steam Fishing Co Ltd (of 1888) (64/64), Grimsby as GARDENIA.
15.10.1891: Registered at Grimsby (GY402).
16.10.1891: George Doughty designated manager.
18.11.1893: Rendered assistance to crew of Swedish brig REGALIA wrecked. Sk. William Ilett awarded a silver medal by the King of Sweden and Norway in recognition of his services.
30.6.1898: Sold to The North Eastern Steam Fishing Co Ltd (of 1898) (64/64), Grimsby.
30.6.1898: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The Law Guarantee & Trust Society Ltd, London (A).
5.7.1898: George Doughty designated manager.
25.11.1907: Mortgagee re-styled to The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London.
31.12.1908: Mortgage (A) discharged.
31.12.1908: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The Law Guarantee Trust & Accident Society Ltd, London (B).
26.1.1914: Mortgage (B) discharged.
12.5.1914: Henry Morris appointed manager.
12.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.723).
11.1918: Returned to owner.
26.11.1919: The North Eastern Steam Fishing Co Ltd placed in liquidation (Alfred John Downs, Chartered Accountant, Grimsby appointed Official Liquidator).
29.11.1919: Sold to Thomas William Baskcomb (64/64), Grimsby.
1.12.1919: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (C).
2.12.1919: Thomas William Baskcomb designated managing owner.
22.10.1935: Sold by order of the mortgagee under mortgage (C) to Fred Parkes, Fleetwood & Blackpool.
21.11.1935: Sold to Consolidated Fisheries Ltd, Grimsby.
27.11.1935: Sir John Denton Marsden, Bart designated manager. Transferred to Lowestoft.
27.11.1935: Grimsby registry closed.
29.11.1935: Registered at Lowestoft (LT117).
1939: Sold to C. Valkenburg, Antwerp for breaking up.
3.2.1939: Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp.
9.2.1939: Lowestoft registry closed.
Click to enlarge image
09/06/2010: Page published. 9 updates since then.
05/08/2018: Removed FMHT watermark.
23/10/2020: Updated information.