S.T. War Wing GY857

In Parkes ownership. Did not fish from Fleetwood.
Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow


Official Number: 138945
Yard Number: 326
Completed: 1915
Gross Tonnage: 226
Net Tonnage: 109
Length: 117.0 ft
Breadth: 22.0 ft
Depth: 12.7 ft
Engine: 450ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Built:Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley


29.4.1915: Launched by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd, Beverley (Yd.No.326) for The Pelham Steam Fishing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby as WAR WING.
2.2.1916: Alick Black appointed manager.
3.2.1916: Registered at Grimsby (GY857).
2.1916: Completed.
6.1916: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-6pdr HA) (Ad.No.3286).
5.12.1916: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to London City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (A).
22.12.1916: Mortgage (A) discharged.
27.12.1916: Sold to Thomas William Baskcomb (64/64), Grimsby.
28.12.1916: Thomas William Baskcomb designated managing owner.
1919: Returned to owner.
1.12.1919: Vessel mortgaged to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (B).
22.10.1935: Vessel sold by mortgagee under mortgage (B) to Fred Parkes (64/64), Fleetwood & Blackpool.
24.10.1935: Sold to Dobson Ship Repairing Co Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
29.10.1935: Basil Arthur Parkes, Cleveleys appointed manager.
29.10.1935: Charles Dobson appointed manager.
14.11.1935: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (C).
29.11.1939: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (P.No.FY.906) (Hire rate £62.3.0d/month).
3.1944: Employed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
7.3.1945: Mortgage (C) discharged.
26.3.1945: Sold to The Wembley Steam Fishing Co (Grimsby) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
27.3.1945: Arthur Gladstone Hamer appointed manager.
4.4.1945: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclays Bank Ltd, London (D).
1.1946: Returned to owner.
23.4.1948: Mortgage (D) discharged.
29.9.1948: Sold to Wharfedale Trawlers Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
4.10.1948: Harry Markham Cook appointed manager.
1.12.1948: Sold to Cramond Fishing Co Ltd, Leith.
13.12.1948: Albert Oudley Scales appointed manager.
3.6.1949: Grimsby registry closed.
6.1949: Registered at Leith as CRAMOND ISLAND (LH26).
7.1953: Sold to Sir Thomas Robinson & Son (Grimsby) Ltd (64/64), Grimsby. Frank Bellamy Robinson appointed manager.
4.7.1953: Registered at Grimsby (GY251).
11.8.1953: Registered at Grimsby as SARDINIAN (GY251) (MoT Minute R.G. No.1163/53 dated 29.7.1953).
11.1964: Sold to Scrappingco S.r.l., Brussels for breaking up.
7.11.1964: Arrived Antwerp.
9.11.1964: Grimsby registry closed “… on sale of vessel to foreigners (Belgians)”.

Click to enlarge image

S.T. Cramond Island GY251

S.T. Cramond Island GY251
Picture from the Internet

18/06/2010: Page published. 4 updates since then.
07/05/2015: Picture added.
19/08/2018: Removed FMHT watermark.