Additional information courtesy of Mike Thompson and Hull Trawlers
Official Number: 143805
Yard Number: 1311
Gross Tonnage: 202
Net Tonnage: 79
Length: 115.4 ft
Breadth: 22.1 ft
Depth: 12.1 ft
Built: Rennie Forrestt Shipbuilding, Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, Wivenhoe
Engine: 430ihp T.3-cyl by A. G. Mumford Ltd, Colchester
Boiler: Riley Bros (Boilermakers) Ltd, Stockton-on-Tees
1918: Launched by Rennie Forrestt Shipbuilding, Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, Wivenhoe (Yd.No.1311) (“Strath” class) for The Admiralty as WILLIAM FALL (Ad.No.3749)
29.5.1918: Completed as a minesweeper (1-12pdr, 2-303 cal Lewis MG, Hydrophone & W/T). Built under Lloyd’s Survey. 8.11.1919: Registered by The Admiralty at London (Part I) as William Fall O.N.143805.
20.12.1919: Registered by The Admiralty at London (Part IV) (LO193).
26.1.1920: London registry closed.
31.1.1920: Sold to The East Hull Steam Trawling Co Ltd (64/64), Hull.
31.1.1920: Benjamin Knowles designated manager.
12.2.1920: Registered at Hull (H166).
5.3.1920: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to The National Provincial and Union Bank of England Ltd, London (A).
25.3.1920: Registered at Hull as AVONDALE (H166) (BoT Minute 1825-20).
19.9.1923: On an Icelandic trip, Claude Lonsdale (18), Hull lost overboard and drowned.
15.2.1924: Mortgagee re-styled National Provincial Bank Ltd, London.
9.9.1928: 2nd Eng Arthur Skow (47), Hull died in Klaksvig Hospital, Iceland having been taken ill while fishing the Icelandic grounds.
28.10.1932: George Henry Brown designated manager.
21.2.1933: On an Icelandic trip, Richard Pinder (18) lost overboard and drowned in the North Sea.
22.11.1934: Mortgage (A) discharged.
23.11.1934: Sold to John William Tomlinson (32/64) and John William Tomlinson Jnr (32/64), North Shields.
3.12.1934: John William Tomlinson Jnr designated managing owner.
6.9.1940-1945: Fishing out of Fleetwood, landing from Home Waters.
28.4.1943: Typical wartime landing – 133 kits – hake-22, flats-3, ling/coley-105, dogs-3.
1945: Transferred to fish out of North Shields.
1954: Sold to BISCO for breaking up.
1.12.1954: Hull registry closed “Ship broken up” advice from managing owner and shipbreaker.
Click to enlarge image
01/09/2010: Page published.
27/02/2017: Image added.
01/04/2017: Added another image and removed FMHT watermark.
02/04/2017: Significant information update.
29/07/2019: Information updated.