Additional information courtesy of Bill Blow
Yard Number: 478
Gross Tonnage: 195
Net Tonnage: 87
Length: 115.3 ft
Breadth: 21.5 ft
Depth: 11.5 ft
Engine: 425ihp T.3-cyl and boiler by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Built: Cochrane & Sons, Selby
2.2.1911: Launched by Cochrane & Sons, Selby (Yd.No.478) for Henry Croft Baker (32/64) & Arthur Grant (32/64) Cleethorpes as BERU.
22.2.1911: Completed. (Builders’ Certificate signed).
25.2.1911: Registered at Grimsby (GY611).
25.2.1911: Arthur Grant designated managing owner.
11.1914: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1-3pdr) (Ad.No.30). Based Aegean Sea.
29.2.1916: Henry Croft Baker (32/64 shares sold to Alick Black (16/64) and John Cash Store (32/64), both Grimsby.
13.2.1917: Alick Black (16/64) and John Cash Store (16/64) shares sold to Arthur Grant (64/64), Cleethorpes.
Post 12.3.1919: Returned to owner at Grimsby (Arthur Grant, managing owner).
7.4.1931: Sold to Arthur Grant & Son Ltd (64/64), Grimsby.
8.4.1931: Arthur Grant appointed manager.
26.7.1932: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (A).
11.1939 Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (Hire rate £48.15.0d/month).
10.2.1940: Returned to owner.
27.9.1940: Mortgage (A) discharged.
30.9.1940: Sold to John Sherrif Ellis (64/64), Scarborough.
30.9.1940: John Sherrif Ellis designated managing owner.
10.2.1941: Sold to Scarborough Pure Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd (64/64), Scarborough.
22.2.1941: James Johnson appointed manager.
24.9.1941: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Barclay Bank Ltd, London (B).
6.4.1943: Mortgage (B) discharged.
28.4.1943: At Fleetwood, typical wartime landing, Home Waters. 92 kits – hake-16, cod/codling-33, whiting-15, flats5, ling/coley-14, roker-7, gurnard-3.
3.5.1943: Vessel mortgaged (64/64) to Midland Bank Ltd, London (C).
16.4.1945: Mortgage (C) discharged.
18.4.1945: Sold to James Johnson (32/64) & John William Johnson (32/64), Scarborough.
20.4.1945: John William Johnson appointed manager.
21.8.1950: Sold to Scarborough Pure Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd (64/64), Scarborough.
25.8.1950: John William Johnson appointed manager.
4.1953: Sold to BISCO and allocated to James A . White, St Davids, Fife for breaking up.
17.11.1952: Delivered (Sk. Jack Mann plus five crew) to Granton from Scarborough (paid £35.0.0d for delivery). Transferred to St Davids for breaking.
25.8.1953: Letter from BISCO stating “… vessel has been completely demolished”.
4.9.1953: Grimsby registry closed “Vessel broken up”.
Click to enlarge images
02/02/2011: Page published. 4 updates since then.
13/02/2015: Picture added.
24/06/2019: Updated information and added an image.