s.v. Anglican FD105

Additional information courtesy of Christine Simm

Official Number: 68624
Yard Number: 21
Completed: 1873
Gross Tonnage: 36
Net Tonnage: 25
Built: John Gibson, Fleetwood
Rig: Smack


7.1873: Completed by John Gibson, Fleetwood (Yd.No.21) for William Leech, Fleetwood as ANGLICAN. Registered at Fleetwood (FD105).
1881: Census at Thornton-le-Fylde. James Iddon (33), b-Hesketh Bank, Master; Edward Eccles (60), b-Banks, Mate; Samuel Edwards (25), b-Gravesend & Thomas Fenton (20), b-Liverpool, Seamen; Albert Iddon (12), b-Fleetwood, Cook.
1879: Sold to Joseph Bird, Fleetwood.
23.04.1880: For sale by private treaty 5 64th shares in the fishing smack ANGLICAN.
1881: Sold to William Hudson, Fleetwood.
22.04.1881: William Leadbetter (15) cook aboard the smack WONDER took a lifebelt and jumped overboard, attempting to swim to shore. The ebb tide combined with a strong wind carried him downriver until he was rescued by the crew of ANGLICAN.
1882: Sold to Henry Bird, Hoylake. Fleetwood registry closed. Registered at Liverpool (LL68).
Pre 1.1.1888: Sold to George Hazlehurst, School Lane, Hoylake.
1899: Sold to Mrs C. Hazlehurst, 94 Market Street, Hoylake (managing owner).
14.01.1899: Reported ashore at Hoylake but refloated.
1913: Owned by John J. Christian, 27 Burley Road South, Everton, Liverpool.
3.6.1916: Liverpool fishing registry closed “No longer used for fishing”.
1917: Sold to Herbert Pritchard, 17 Richmond Park, Anfield, Liverpool (managing owner).
1933: Not listed under that name in MNL.

Click to enlarge image

11/05/2011: Page published.
24/10/2014: Information updated.
28/06/2016: Picture added.
16/08/2016: Incorrect image removed.
31/01/2024: Updated history.
01/02/2024: Minor update to history.