S.T. Arabian FD325


Official Number: 110893
Yard Number: 205
Completed: 1899
Gross Tonnage: 180 (153)
Net Tonnage: 70n (46)
Length: 111.4 ft
Breadth: 20.8 ft
Depth: 11.3 ft
Built: J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen
Engine: T.3-cyl by J. Cran & Co, Leith
Boiler: J. T. Eltringham & Co Ltd, South Shields


8.1899: Completed by J. Duthie, Sons & Co, Aberdeen (Yd.No.205) for The Great Grimsby Albion Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Richard Atkinson, manager) as ARABIAN.
3.8.1899: Registered at Grimsby (GY251).
10.7.1900: Arrived Grimsby Roads with steamer ATHENS (2313grt/1878), Tyne for Venice with coal in tow, picked up disabled with HP cylinder broken.
2.1.1905: Arrived Grimsby with barquentine AURORA (NI) in tow picked up in heavy weather disabled off the Humber with sails torn away and foremast and rigging carried away while on passage, London to Grangemouth with steel billets.
12.1914: Sold to Thomas Lauder, Aberdeen.
12.1914: Grimsby registry closed.
9.12.1914: Registered at Aberdeen (A209).
6.1915: Requisitioned for war service as a minesweeper (1 – 3pdr) and later as a boom gate vessel (Ad.No.NI). Based Clyde boom.
16.12.1918: Sold to Noah Ashworth, Rowland Morris & Ernest Taylor, Fleetwood (Joseph A. Taylor, manager).
1919: Returned to owner at Aberdeen.
16.7.1919: Aberdeen registry closed.
18.7.1919: Registered at Fleetwood (FD325).
12.1919: Sold to Union des Pêcheries Maritimes S.A., Ostend, (R. Peltier, manager).
24.12.1919: Fleetwood registry closed.
1.1920: Registered at Ostend as MARIE (O191).
3.1929: Sold to Peter L. Hancock, Hakin. 26.4.1920: Registered at Milford as AVENTURE (M9).
10.5.1929: Sold to Cecil M. Lloyd, Milford Haven & Alan L. Hancock, Hakin.
4.11.1930: Sailed Milford for fishing grounds off Irish Coast (Sk. J. W. Cheney).
7.11.1930: Sustained damage to main engine while off Queenstown, Co. Cork. Requested assistance and DUNCAN McRAE (M68) connected and commenced tow to Milford.
8.11.1930: Delivered Milford.
4.3.1933: Sold to Reginald L. Hancock, Hakin.
1936: Demolition commenced at Hancock’s, Pembroke Dock.
19.6.1936: Milford registry closed.

17/05/2012: Page published. 4 updates since then.
05/07/2019: Updated information.